22

xxii

xxii. BLOODLUST (pt. 2)

Derek Hale |

SNAPPING YET ANOTHER WEAK ROGUE'S NECK, DEREK SNARLED FEROCIOUSLY AS HE WENT AFTER YET ANOTHER ROGUE. His jaw tightened around the filthy animals neck, locking around it until he could no longer feel a pulse in his enemy. He made sure to snap the spine to make sure it was for sure dead before darting further into the woods. He snarled aggressively, his bloodlust rising by the second. Each and every rogue deserved to be killed. And he was going to make sure that happened.

His movements came to a halt, his eyes scanning the area to see his pack alongside with Alpha Shawn's pack no longer fighting any more rogues. It was quiet. Maybe a little too quiet unless Derek was overthinking it all. But he was sure it couldn't be over already. Not when it started hours ago. Hell he hadn't even found the leader to this whole ordeal. He needed to kill the man himself. There was no end unless the leader was for sure dead.

"There's no way this is it," Jamie said over the mind link, turning his head to look at Derek who was growling lowly. "How's the South end doing?"

"We're good over here. Some took off as they became outnumbered. So far we're finished here. Gonna do a final perimeter run miles out." Alpha Shawn chimed in, making Derek release another feral growl.

Derek hung his wolf head low, "Where's the leader and the right hand? Did they show?"

"The right hand man, Lucas, took a bad hit. He ended up taking off from us. But no leader. Do we know his name?" Shawn questioned.

"Xavier is his name." Christian joined in as well. "Everything looks clear around the community. A group of us should head to their territory to see who's left. Hopefully he'll be there."

"Jamie, come with me back to the community. Scott, you take a group for a perimeter check." Derek ordered, slowly backing away before retreating back to the community with Jamie trailing right behind him. "Christian, take care of South side."

Derek continued to snarl and growl all the way until he reached the community. He did a quick scope inside, checking for any rogues that could've snuck in. Once deeming it clear, he ran back to his house on the North end He entered his home and shifted back into his human form, rolling his neck as he spent the entire night and most of today in his wolf form. He quickly threw on black jeans, an olive green long sleeve henley shirt, a leather jacket and black boots.

He rushed over to the pack house and headed toward his office. The moment he entered, his footsteps came to a halt as he stared at the back of one of the rogues still alive. Flashing his red eyes, Derek took long strides over to the animal and slamming him harshly into the wall beside the window.