57

LVII

LVII. JEALOUSY, JEALOUSY...

derek hale |

THE RIDE BACK HOME IN THE MORNING WAS QUIET... ALMOST TOO QUIET FOR DEREK. ever since he and azalea had woken up earlier she had been giving him the silent treatment. he knew it was because of going off at three in the morning. he tried numerous tactics to get her to speak to him but she was too intent on ignoring him. it was driving him insane and his wolf kept whining pathetically from the lack of attention.

he kept glancing over at her in the passenger seat every few minutes, debating on trying to talk to her again. even though she sat with her eyes closed, he knew she was wide awake. when he got ahold of her hand, he felt joy as she laced her fingers with his but still she said nothing. the silence continued to bother him. if she wasn't purposely ignoring him, he wouldn't have minded the silence. but to know she was doing so willingly and upset with him, it didn't put him at ease.

he brought her hand to his lips leaving a gentle kiss on the back of her hand. he caught her hiding a smile which made him smirk pridefully, "so i was thinking we could have a small date when we get home?"

she remained silent, biting down on her lip and keeping her gaze out the window to avoid talking to him. it was honestly getting hard to continue giving him the silent treatment. she was over the fact he went out in the middle of the night. she just wanted to mess with him and keep him on his toes.

"baby?"

she remained silent. she focused on the feeling of his thumb rubbing across her knuckles slowly. it took a lot for her to keep a straight face when he let out a whine, and she could only assume the pouting look he had on his face.

"i'm gonna pull this car over if you keep ignoring me," he deadpanned making her turn her head to look at him. "c'mon, i said i was sorry!" he whined, looking between her and the road.

she only chuckled, "i'm just messing with you handsome. i mean i was upset but i got over it."

"don't ever do that to me again." he pouted, leaning over to kiss her after he stopped at a red light.

"then don't disappear at three in the morning without telling me. what if something happened to you and i didn't know?" she retorted, releasing his hand to cross her arms over her chest as she gave him a pointed stare.

he sighed, "i'm sorry, sweets. next time i'll let you know okay? and i promise nothing will happen to me."

"you're cooking dinner tonight." she told him, uncrossing her arms and grasping his hand again. he left another kiss on her knuckles, giving her a smile.