13

xiii

xiii. LIQUID COURAGE

∞༺♥༻✧

Azalea Montez |

FRIDAY CLASSES FLEW BY WITH A BREEZE. She didn't have much homework to do, only one essay but she had enough time to do it. She received a text from David last minute this morning saying he wouldn't be able to attend classes. His reason being he had to go out of town to visit family. Little to her knowledge, it was Derek who sent her the message from David's phone. But she didn't need to know that.

So she drove home with a plan in mind to have the rest of her day be peaceful. She made a plan to order takeout and catch up on some of her favorite tv shows. The last two weeks weren't exactly great for her so she was extremely glad she could have time to herself. Though her mind often wandered to Derek.

She was tired of constantly thinking about him. She just wanted to forget him and everything that happened to her. It was like her mind was playing tricks. One minute she was grateful to be away from him. Then the next minute she wanted to be back in his embrace. It was all confusing to her.

Whatever the case was, she told herself not to worry about it anymore. She could finally move on from what happened and finish the rest of her school year without any problems. She could focus on becoming a lawyer and pursuing her dream. There was nothing else for her to worry about except her college commitment. Well, for now at least.

When she arrived home, she wasn't surprise to see Victoria and Christian sitting in the living room watching tv, cuddled up with one another. She gave a small smile as the sight of them, wishing she had someone she be with. And as she started thinking about wanting someone like that, her went straight to Derek again. For once, why couldn't she just have a day without thinking about him? Why does her body and heart push her to go back to him? It was similar to a magnetic pull trying to bring her to him. Except the force was much stronger.

She let out a breath, tossing her keys on the bar counter in the kitchen. She grabbed a water from the refrigerator before making her way into the living room and sitting down on a chair diagonal from the couch.

"How come you're home later than usual?" Victoria asked, looking over at her best friend who was watching the show playing on tv. "It's about five."

"Friday's are usually my later days, remember? My classes don't start until ten." She explained, sipping from her water bottle as she glance at Christian. "Hey Christian. Fancy seeing you here."

He chuckled, giving her a warm smile. "Hi Azalea."

"What are your plans tonight?" Victoria suddenly asked.