𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺

Third Person

The Power of Three Part 2

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"Mummy, why is Santa fat?" Luke asked loudly as they were standing in line to see Santa Claus at Luke's primary school, as they were doing a Christmas Fair, and what Christmas event at a primary school would be complete without Santa Claus. "Err..." Wendy said as she tried to think of an answer.

"He eats lots of food on Christmas Eve, doesn't he?" Wendy answered. "But he has the rest of the year off." Luke told her. The brunette looked at Amy and Rory for help, but they were both useless, mainly because they were trying to conceal their laughter. "There's children who need Santa during times when it isn't Christmas, so he eats lots of food then, to give off the festive spirit." Wendy said, this seemed to satisfy this line of questioning from Luke, until he started talking to one of his friends.

"Mummy, Jack says that Santa gets to everyone in the whole world in one night. But that would mean he has to be really fast. So, how?" Luke asked her, using arm gestures to really get his point across. "He does!" Luke's friend Jack yelled.

"It's magic." Wendy told her son.

"But you said magic doesn't exist, and if it did, it would just be science we haven't figured out yet." Luke retorted.

Wendy leaned over to her sister and brother-in-law and whispered "One of you two better jump in and help me. Also, was I this inquisitive when I was younger?"

"Luke, come here." Amy said as she knelt down to her nephew's height. "Yes." Luke said as he walked to her.

"Are you asking these questions because you know you'll make your mum not have a proper answer, and you would find that funny? Or are you actually interested in how Santa moves around the world and why he's fat?" Amy asked him.

"Can it be both?" Luke asked his aunt, who only chuckled and picked him up.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

It was Amy and Rory's wedding anniversary, the second one that they had celebrated while the cubes were on Earth, the previous year it was a meal at a restaurant for the two of them, now they were having a barbecue.  Luke had been growing at a normal human rate, which was good, as it would raise less suspicion. Wendy was wearing a short red and white checkered dress with white sandals, she was talking to her mum and dad, who had come from Leadworth for the occasion.

"Mum, I'm not going on a date with your friends brother's son." Wendy told Tabetha, "Well, you can't be single forever. It's been two years since you left that Doctor, you need to move on. I thought you were dating that co-worker of yours." Tabetha said.

"It was one date, well it was five dates, and it didn't work out. Also that was 18 months ago." Wendy tried to explain to her mother, but Tabetha only said, "I'm worried, that's all."

"You're worried about me because I'm single?" Wendy asked.

"No! No! You've not been yourself for a long time, well two years. Also Luke tells me he catches you crying and..." Her mum said, Wendy cut her off and whispered, "Please, not now. You're both here for the weekend, right? Let's talk about this another day."

The woman then walked through the garden and into the kitchen only to see someone who she immediately recognised.

"Nope." Wendy said as she ran past the man and ran up the stairs and into her bedroom, locking the door once she was in there.