𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

Third Person

Childhood

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Age 4

A young red-haired girl was standing over her elder sister's bed, although over would be an over statement considering the girl was barely reached the height of the mattress and the frame together. She had her eyebrows furrowed, accompanied with a frown on her face; her brown, matted teddy bear was being clutched close to her chest. It was difficult to an outsider to decipher the girl's emotions, but the older woman who was leaning against the door knew exactly what was wrong with the girl, "Come on, leave your sister alone." The woman said as she held out her hand towards the girl.

"But, her suitcase was full." The girl said as she stayed in the same position, not moving towards her the adult. 

"Wendy, we can ask Amelia about this later, but you need to get ready for school."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Age 8

Wendy was sitting in a waiting room, it was filled with colourful posters about various children's mental health issues. Her aunt, Sharon, was standing next to her, slightly embarrassed that her 8 year old niece was rocking back and forth with an old teddy bear clutched between her arms, she was not new to the waiting room and the staff members, but she was usually here for her other niece Amelia, not the one who she thought was normal.

The girl had deep blue wellies, which were the only shoes she would wear as others made her feet feel weird and hurt her, with blue denim overalls and a white t-shirt. Her hair, which used to be an orange colour, was slowly fading and turning into a lighter brown as she grew older; which despite making the girl upset, it limited the amount of ginger related names she would be called in school; was in two, tight, french braids which went to just below her shoulder blade.

"Wendy, come on." A short woman with dark skin and braided hair, who Wendy remembered as the psychiatrist, said as she walked into the hallway where the offices were placed. Wendy stood up and clutched onto her teddy even harder than before, she buried her face into it and started walking behind her aunt, not wanting to go into the unfamiliar place, which despite having been there before felt foreign and scary to the girl.

Once they reached a room, which was a cream colour and had a red sofa and a desk, Wendy and her aunt sat on the red sofa, while the psychiatrist sat at the desk. Another person was in the room, a tall man with blonde hair and green eyes sat on a blue armchair which was placed in front of the red sofa. 

"I'm sure your aunt has already told you what we suspected was wrong with you. Is that right." The man asked her in a calming tone, but Wendy only buried her head deeper into her teddy. Sharon jumped in and spoke for her niece, "Yes, I have although I have not explained the details of it." The man nodded and then continued by saying, "Wendy, can you look up please? Not at me, just at the wall so I know you are listening." Wendy slowly lifted her head and looked at the cream wall, still clutching tightly onto her bear.

"Well, Wendy has Asperger's, which is on the Autism Spectrum."  

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Age 15