♫︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 ♫︎

0 8 : 0 7 P M

Newt was walking through his hometown, wanting nothing but arrive his house he called home. The blonde boy was listening to some music, trying to concentrate on the melody instead of the dark sounds the streets were making. When he arrived, he let out a sigh and opened the door with his keys, pulled out his ear buds and was met by a horse voice.

"You bitch," his mother yelled, two bottles in her hand.

"P-please."

Lizzy was against the wall, her head covered by her arms, standing while crawling showing her mother her back, trying not to get any sharp glasses in her soft, pale skin.

The moment Newt saw that, he ran over to his sister and hugged her, showing his mother his back, so the glasses would hit him instead. He covered his head with one hand and the with other arm Lizzy's. The bottle was half full and was quite sharp. His mother smashed it on his back, his shirt was soaking and his skin was burning, a few cuts were already visible through his shirt.

"That was for your slutty, son if a bitch father!" His mother yelled.

Newt's eyes were shut, but a tear managed to escape his eye. Lizzy was whimpering in his arms and his back did hurt. Newt was sure that the bottle wasn't the last one, so he quickly grabbed Lizzy by her waist and pulled her up the stairs.

"I wasn't done yet, you bastard."

Newt pushed Lizzy into his room, closed the door and made sure it was locked. His sister had tears in her eyes, and was holding her left cheek. The blonde boy, slowly walked over to her and took her hand that was holding her cheek and looked at the small cut. Her pink cheeks were stained with tears and her eyes were puffy, red.

"Newt..."

Lizzy couldn't finish her sentence, she began to sob. The blonde boy pulled the blonde girl into a hug, wrapping his arms around her small waist. A few tears escaped his eyes and he hugged her tighter.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't there sooner," he whispered into her hair.

Lizzy nodded her head in understanding and broke their hug. Newt stroke the messy hair away from her face and cupped her not injured cheek, wiped her tears away.

"We need to clean you up," he said and took her small hand.

"But you as well," Lizzy said, sniffling.

Newt nodded his head and brought her to his bathroom to get them both cleaned up. Under the sink were bandages, disinfectant, cotton wool and a first-aid-box. Lizzy sat down on the closed toilet and pulled her knees on her chest.

"Hey, it's alright, it wasn't as bad as last week, right?" Newt asks.

Lizzy shook her head and began to cry again. Newt quickly got a
Band aid and placed it on her pink cheek. She let out a small whimper, but wiped her tears away and tried to concentrate on her brother.

"Turn around," she said, quietly.

Newt turned around, pulled up his shirt, and let her clean a few cuts. He hissed everytime the disinfectant would burn his cuts and Lizzy murmured a 'sorry' or 'it will be alright'.

***

"thank you, Newt."

Newt gave her head a kiss and placed the blankets over her small body. He got over to the other side of his bed and laid down, tugging a little bit at the blankets, making his sister giggle a little bit. It was like the most casual thing for them, to sleep together. Lizzy often had nightmares and even if she would be in her own room, she can't lock the door, so it was safer.