♫︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ♫︎

"I'm here, I'm here Newt, I'm coming."

Newt's body tensed for a moment, his hands couldn't hold his phone any more because of the cold. It fell down on the cold floor. Great. His phone cracked.

"Newt?" Thomas asked.

Newt closed his eyes tightly and breathed in. His lips were trembling and his nose was running. He had to take everything he had to answer. He opened his eyes, which were burning because of the tears and the cold air.

"I-I'm here, just can-can you b-be fast please, m-my phone is d-dying," he said.

"Of course, just be at the window, alright?" Thomas asked.

Newt hummed and closed his eyes again. He heard Thomas sneak out, the door open and closing. He also heard Thomas sigh and murmur some things.

"Newt? How cold is it, can you see that somewhere?" Thomas asked quietly.

Newt's eyes couldn't open this time. He fought to open his eyes, but they wouldn't. His mouth opened slightly and he took a few deep breaths.

"Newt?... Newt? Please keep your eyes open, talk to me, can you do that for me? Please..."

Thomas was panicking, he was holding his phone with one hand and with the other he was holding blankets and tissues. He was too worried about the blonde boy when he called him. The brunet wondered why he was locked in the refrigerator. What if someone locked him up?

"Newt? I need you to stay awake, alright?" Thomas asked worried.

Newt had to cough, which brought him back just a little bit. With a little bit more force, he finally opened his eyes and was able to speak.

"I-I'm awake, b-but i-it's h-hard to k-keep my eyes open," Newt shivered even more.

He blew air into his palms and then hid his hands in the hoodie. The blonde heard the brunet sighing in facilitation and breath out heavily, probably because he was running.

"I'm almost there," Thomas panted.

The blonde hummed again and opened his eyes once again. He knew that he had to stand up, so Thomas could pull him out of the window. The bad thing about everything was that he couldn't move away an inch.

"Newt, I'm there, your parents are not at home?" The brunet asked.

"Yeah," Newt lied and closed his eyes.

"I found the window, I'll open it up, you'll climb out, alright?"

Newt hummed, trying to open his eyes once again, but this time they were like glued. He forced himself so much to open them but it wouldn't work, everything around him was clearly to hear.

"Newt?"

Newt heard him, but couldn't respond. He heard Thomas shift and climb, a few grunts escaped his lips and he heard him mutter some words.

"Newt? You're there? I need you to keep your eyes open, please..." Thomas whined.

Newt's eyes were still closed, he moved his fingertips in the hoodie and tried to control his breathing. He heard a noisy click sound, noticed that Thomas arrived the window.

"Newt," Thomas said.

With all the power Newt had, he opened his eyes, gasping loudly. Thomas made a laugh of joy when he heard Newt. That motivated the blonde, to move himself up from the cold ground.

He grabbed the walls for support and stood up, his legs shaking. He saw Thomas at the window, walking over to it, he sighed. He breathed heavily while tears were falling down his eyes.