♫︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ♫︎

"Thank you," Newt said quietly when the cakes arrived the small table.

He pulled out the ten dollars from his pocket, but the waitress stopped him in some way.

"No need to pay," she said.

Newt frowned, his eyes were showing confusion, his nose made a move like a baby bunny, wich made Thomas want to pinch it. He rubbed his temple and looked at Thomas.

"What did you do?"

The waitress just stood there and watched both of them with a smile on her face. Thomas gave Newt an innocent smile.

"I didn't do anything," he said.

"Don't lie to me, you payed for me," Newt stated.

"No I didn't."

"You did," Newt argued quietly.

"Huh, now you're arguing, I didn't," Thomas lied again.

The blonde sighed he shook his head at him, smiling he turned towards the waitress, who had a smile on her face as well. She nodded at Newt and gave him a wink before heading off to the counter.

When the blonde turned around he saw Thomas giving him a wink as well. He groaned slightly, making Thomas chuckle.

"Just eat it already," Thomas said and placed his hand on Newt's hand, which was lazily placed on the table.

The blonde winced slightly, but leaned against his touch and sat closer to Thomas, blushed when Thomas brushed his hand with his thumb. The brunet cleared his throat and removed his hand from Newt's.

Thomas grabbed the fork and cut a little piece of shortcake. Newt watched him taking the first bite. Newt smiling at him when his eyes went wide and.

"It's really good," Thomas said, his mouth full with cake.

Newt giggled at him and ate a little piece as well. The taste of strawberries and whipped cream exploded in his mouth, his hands were already working on cutting the other piece, same as Thomas

"It's great, right."

Newt nodded his head fast, watched Thomas eating. He chuckled when he dropped the pieces a few times, luckily landing on his plate, he watched him eating politely, well trying.

He would never admit it. He would never say that he's happy when smiling, but now he could. He could tell, he could show the world that he was happy. Only in that moment, with the person he fell in love with, he could tell that he was happy.

***

"Hey, Liz," Newt said into his phone.

"Hey Newt, you wont believe, Harriet fell asleep, I'm sitting on her lap right now, Newt help I'm freaking out," Lizzy whispered.

Newt smiled into space when he heard his sister was happy, having great time with the person she loved. He was walking through the streets, his way back home.

"I'm very happy for you, Liz," Newt said truly.

"Thank you, Newt. When I'm home we will talk about our things, alright?" she said.

"Of course we will, I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered back.

After a long time of silence in the line Lizzy hung up the phone, whispering a "Sweet night's" to her brother. Newt finally reached his home and opened the door with the spare keys he found under the flowerpot.