♫︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ♫︎

0 2 : 2 8 A M

Newt went to the library after his classes, having the need zo clear his head. He sat down on a table with his sketchbook open and his pencils sharpen. He began sketching a bunny's head and decided to color it. Something was missing though. The bunny didn't really had a body, he just sketched a knife under the head, so it was looking like someone cut off the bunny's head.

"Hey, can I sit here?" A familiar voice asked him.

The blonde boy looked up to be met by the brunet's small smile. He had a book in his hand, his phone and ear buds. Newt gave him a nod and began sketching something else, not wanting to look like a creep with a dead bunny he drew. The blonde boy thought he wouldn't speak to him for the rest of the day, but he was wrong.

"I'm sorry for the way the girls threatened you," he said.

The blonde boy looked up at him, for some reasen he felt comfortable and was nervous at the same time. He gave the brunet a nod and continued to sketch.

"You don't like to talk? What about the piece of cake?" Thomas asked.

Newt was in shock. There was no piece of cake on any table, wich meant he knew about the song lyrics. The blonde boy gulped down and looked up from his sketch.

"Why didn't you tell everyone?" Newt asked, shocking the brunet with his voice.

"You're British," he stated.

The blonde boy didn't know why but it made him smile and roll his eyes. Thomas was about to faint, his smile, he would do anything to make him smile again. He knew that Newt could speak, but when he heard the voice, back in the classroom, it was a whisper and he couldn't really make it out.

"And to answer your question, I didn't wanted to make you feel uncomfortable," Thomas said.

"T-Thank you."

Newt had pink cheeks and sweaty hands, wich he quickly wiped out on his back skinny jeans. Thomas smiled at him, showing his perfect white teeth and angelic eyes that were sparkling. Newt wanted to say something else, but when he opened his mouth, words didn't wanted to come out. Luckily or not, his phone vibrated, he got a call from his sister.

"Hey, Lizzy I'm in the library, be quick please," Newt whispered.

"Newt, I'm hungry."

Of course she was hungry, they haven't ate anything than a toast today and Newt forgot his water bottle home. He sighed and looked over to Thomas. He had a worried look in his face, but was still smiling.

"Alright, Lizzy. We'll go and buy a pizza, meet me at my entrance," Newt said, quietly.

"Thank you, dad forgot to give me money, I love you," Lizzy said, happily.

Their dad would always give them money. He was working, he owned a bar and that was the only reason they still had money, weren't starving and had clothes.

"I love you too."

The blonde boy hung up the phone and began packing up his things. The brunet looked at him confused, he helped him put in his pens and rubbers.

"Where are you going?" Thomas asked him.

"I-I... My sister and I will eat something," the blonde boy said, making his way out of the library.

The brunet nodded his head and watched Newt go out, but before he could go into the hallway Thomas stopped him with a hey.

The blonde boy turned around and saw Thomas walking over to him. He really didn't know what the taller boy wanted from him, but tried to keep calm.

"Hey, uh... God this is more awkward than I thought it would be, anyway, can I get your number?"

Newt was in shock. No one ever wanted his number and cared about it. He slowly nodded his head, bit his bottom lip, while he gave Thomas his phone. He saw the brunet boy type in his number and smiled at him.

"Here, thanks." The taller boy winked at him and went into the library again.

The smaller boy was very surprised. He was blushing like crazy and had a small smile on his face, his stomach filled with butterflies and he felt his heart skip a beat. Turning around on his heels, he walked as quickly as possible out, only to be met by his sister, who had her arms folded and and her one leg tapping the ground like a bunny.

"Where were you?" She asked him.

"In the library," Newt said and went over to her.

She hugged her tightly and kissed her head. Lizzy buried her head in her brother's chest and they both stayed like that for a while, before the blonde girl broke both their hugs.

"I'm hungry."

Newt chuckled at his sister and went with his hand through her braided hair. She giggled and grabbed her brother's wrist, dragging him behind her, before Newt picked up the pace and walked with her side to side.

***

The blonde boy sat beside his sister on a bench at the park, while they were sharing a pizza. It's not like they didn't had the money to buy another one, just Newt and Lizzy being the slim siblings because they both don't stuff their faces with food, sometimes they would even give their food homeless people, just because they were not hungry or were full.

"Why were you all flushed red on the face when you picked me up?" Lizzy asked, wiping her mouth on napkins.

Newt didn't know if he should tell her, it was just a boy, right?
But he would usually tell Lizzy everything, not even caring if it was necessary or not.

"There is this new boy in my class, his name is Tomm-Thomas," Newt explained, almost bringing out a nickname.

"Thomas huh? Wait that's not explaining why you were so red, tell me," she said, her mouth full with pizza.

The blonde boy giggled at her and thought about everything that happened to him today, just one day and things already changed.

"He sat beside me in class and he asked me for my number, he's gay too, there's some embarrassing stuff he did to Brenda and California."

"Newt, I'm so happy for you!"

His sister said and was about to kiss his cheek, but Newt backed away.

"You have oil on your lips."

"I don't care," Lizzy squealed and kissed his cheek anyway.

***

"Okay, we'll just go past her, she's probably not even awake, dad doesn't care and we just can run upstairs." Newt went with his hand through his hair.

"Alright, Newtie."

Lizzy and Newt went in carefully. He grabbed Lizzy's hand and sprinted with her from across the room over up the stairs and into his room. Newt sighed and hugged Lizzy tightly, they were so lucky to have succeeded in their plan.

An: hey guys!
I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter and had a great day/night. I have big plans, so... Yes!

1188 words

Love

~K