♫︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 ♫︎

Thomas and Newt were walking through the dark street, on their way to Starbucks. Newt was shaking because of the cold although the sleeves of the hoodie were making his fingertips warmer, it was still not warm enough.

Thomas was walking comfortably beside Newt, every now and then looking at the smaller boy. After a while Thomas noticed that the blonde boy was shaking. He didn't know, but he always had the urge to make the boy comfortable, warm, just feeling safe. So, he took off his jacket and without Newt noticing, placed it over Newt's shoulders. The moment the jacket was over his shoulders Newt stopped, looking at the taller boy.

"W-what are you doing, you'll f-freeze," Newt said and was about to pull the jacket off him.

"No, no I'm not cold and you're freezing," the brunet said and pulled the jacket tighter around Newt.

"I-, Thomas I don't know h-how to thank you with all these stuff you're doing for m-me and I just can't think of b-buying you a shake, I need-"

"You don't need to give or buy me anything, just... Feel well, okay?"

The blonde blushed looking down at his yellow black shoes. He felt dumb, he only than noticed he had the same shoes in a different color on. Newt went even more red.

What if Tommy noticed that! Oh my God you're so embarrassing Newt thought.

"Hey, ya alright?"

The blonde hummed and looked up at Thomas. He had a small smile on his face and was slightly blushing, his eyes only showed happiness while Newt's eyes showed many emotions Thomas' couldn't make out.

"Let's go in, it's right there," Newt muttered and went over to the small café, followed by Thomas.

Newt sighed as he walked into the small area, the light bulbs were handing from the ceiling and the casual smell of coffee filled the room. Thomas placed a hand on Newt's shoulder, making Newt turn around a bit startled.

"Fuck, sorry I scared you, let's sit there?" Thomas asked.

The blonde boy nodded and went over to the booth where Thomas gestured him to sit down. The brunet sat down beside Newt and grabbed the menu.

"What would you li-"

Feeling a little bit confident, Newt cut his sentence.

"I have to ask you, what would you like to have?" He asked.

Thomas' eyes flicked through the menu and immediately glued on the strawberry shortcake. Newt scooted a little bit closer to the brunet and looked at the menu as well.

"Strawberry shortcake," both of them said at the same time.

Thomas began laughing, followed by Newt. People were looking at them and it was new... Newt never had people looking at him like that. They were smiling and having them quick glances, it was nothing compared to the experience he made in school. Students bullying him, stealing his pens and other things he'd use for his sketches, calling him names he was not.

"Yeah, wait a second, alright? Gotta pee," Thomas said and got up.

The brunet walked a little bit, looking back at Newt smiling. The blonde didn't notice though, so Thomas went to the counter. He saw a young lady filling cups with coffee and he waited for her to notice him.

"Oh hey, how can I help you?" She asked politely.

"Uh hey, I-... There's this boy and I wanted to ask you if I could buy two strawberry shortcakes before he does?" He asked.

The brunet grabbed his pocket and pulled out ten dollars. The women nodded at him and gave him a quick smile. She took the money and glanced over to the blonde a few feet away.