♫︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡 ♫︎

"Hey," David said.

Newt gave his dad a quick nod and walked with Lizzy up the stairs. The father gave them a questioning look, he then looked at his 'wife' who was passed out on the couch, a bottle still in her hand.

"Kids, you might want to eat."

Newt looked down from the stairs, his dad had a light smile on his face and folded his arms. Then Lizzy looked down at him, both of them realized that their mother was sleeping like a bear, so they went down.

"What are we going to eat?" Lizzy asked.

"You guys want some spaghetti?"

Newt couldn't believe what he just said. Their dad never cared, only left his daughter and son twenty dollars a week, would always hang around in his bar, fucking with some chick and living in his 'normal' life at home.

"You-you mean that?"

"Yes why not, I'm in a good mood right now, I made some for your mum, but she's... Sleeping, so hey, let's eat," their dad said.

This was way too kind of him, to just cook and say mum, give them a smile, that never happened. Lizzy just brushed it off and sat on the table, Newt followed her and sat beside her, still thinking about what was going on. He grabbed Lizzy's hand from o under the table and gave it a small squeeze.

"What's going on?" Newt asked his dad.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't act like that, we won't do so-"

Newt was interrupted by his dad, who placed the plates down on the table and chuckled.

"I met a women," he said.

Newt just shook his head and thought, while eating the spaghetti.
Wow something new happened in his fucking life! It's not like he haven't had a women in this house a few hours ago.

***

Lizzy was laying in bed, her head resting on Newt's chest, while he was sleeping peacefully. She thought about what happened the past few months. Harriet and her. They were always best friends, but she wanted more and obviously, Harriet wasn't interested in her. In those past months she fell deeply in love with her, but never couldn't even talk with her about it.

They were best friends after all. Lizzy and her used to cuddle every movie night they had together, with Lizzy, always laying on her lap and hugging her. Harriet must've feel something, right?
Not even a little bit? The blonde girl didn't know.

She kissed her brother's cheek, pulled the blankets over their shoulders and fell asleep.

***

Newt went into his school building after he dropped Lizzy off, so she wouldn't be so alone, although her best friend was waiting for her. He had on his white hoodie and black skinny jeans, his hood covering his hair. The blonde boy had a nice feeling when he stepped in.

Like always, bullies planning on copying the smart asses, the girls talking about boys and lunchbox friends talking about their new tea party. Newt sighed and walked over to his locker. When he got it open, a letter was falling out, but Newt could catch it before it landed on the floor.

It looked much more different than the other letters or notes he would get, the paper was thicker and the paper was rough. Newt opened it.