18 : Nightmares

Zeus's POV

I was sleeping soundly until suddenly I wasn't anymore.

A shrill scream erupted from down the hall, and I rushed to my feet faster than I had ever before. I was standing in the bedroom looking for my mate before I had even known what happened. But to my surprise she was in no physical danger.

She was thrashing around in the bed, still crying and shouting.

I quickly walked to her.

"Rosetta!! Wake up!! Baby please!!"

I shook her shoulders and kept hollering her name.

She finally awoke and was in a frantic state. She was still thrashing around, trying to get out of my grip.

"NO please! Don't hurt me! I didn't do anything. Please!?!?!" She screamed at me. She tried hitting me, several times she smacked me harshly in the face, but soon I was able to restrain her.

I held her in my arms. Partially sitting in her lap, restraining her legs, and he arms were pinned between our chests. My hands came up to her hair and I stroked it calmingly.

"Shhh, breath Rosetta. Breath love, it's okay. You're okay"

Her breathing was still coming out in short, loud breaths and she was still struggling against me.

Not even a moment later, feet came bounding down the hallway.

My mother, father, and 5 guards appeared in the entrance of the room. I put my finger up to my lips, motioning them to be quiet. They looked at me worried and hesitant.

I continued stroking her hair, whispering sweet nothings in her ear, telling her she was okay and that I was here. Nobody was gonna hurt her.

She calmed down, and took big inhales of breath, like she was doing a 'breath innnnn, breath outtttt' session lol. Soon she drifted back to sleep. I tried to get up and rest her on the bed, but she clung tightly to me.

Her arms and legs were locked around my body. I sighed, giving up on trying to separate us. It made my wolf happier anyways. I barely glanced at the clock to notice it was 4am.

I walked to the living room, motioning them to follow me. I sat down on the couch, leaning backwards against the soft cushion.

They all looked at me questioningly, waiting for an answer to what had happened. I mean, she had sounded like she was being butchered, I would be wondering too...

I made sure she was asleep good before speaking.

"She just had a nightmare. A bad one. She had one earlier in the car. She started screaming and was thrashing around in bed" 

A small look of sadness crossed my eyes before being hid from everyone in the room.

"She used...."

My eyes turned black, suddenly very angry at what I was bringing back up.

I closed my eyes, making my wolf retreat back in and calmed down.

I opened them and continued.

"She used to be abused at her old home. It will take her awhile to get over it. It might never go away. It's different with everyone. Practically it is PTSD for her."

I sighed loudly, though my voice had been quiet. I wrapped my arms around my mate's waist, pulling her tighter to me, resting my chin on her shoulder, breathing in her scent. It helps calm me down.

"The poor child..."

My mother said sadly.

She was a strong and fearless Queen but she still has a soft heart, especially for family.

But then she smiled and I was confused.

"She must really trust you..." She gestured to us with a smile.

"Not completely. I can see it in her actions. She's still eerie, but deep down she does know that I won't hurt her. I can see it from the several ways that she HAS opened up to me. Deep down she knows she can trust me, she just doesn't want to let me in because she is scared to get hurt again..."

I mumbled trying to hide the sadness in my tone.

"Guards"

"Sir" they responded in unison

"Go back to bed, I'm sorry to wake you"

"Yes sir"

Then they left us alone.

My mother stared at us lovingly, while my father...well he looked deep in thought over God knows what...

My mother looked between us hesitantly before standing up and straightening her robe.

"Well I am going to make some coffee..."

"Thanks mom..."

"No problem sweetie"

She kissed my head before walking across the hall.

My head fell back against the couch and I sighed again, wishing to just fall asleep like this.

"Son?" my father declared in a loving but rough voice.

His voice was one of those you'd never forget. It's always rough, but so loving when he means it. It is a voice that can put the literal fear of God in you, but it is one that would also make you just want to curl up in his lap. You know what I mean? Those of you who have a dad like this???

"Sir?"

"Do you love her?"

"What kind of question is that?" I said is disbelief

"Do you love her? I see how you look at her. I see how you were with her in the bedroom before. You don't act like that with anyone else, not even your mother. Do you. Love her."

"Of course I do... Dad...she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't know how to explain how I feel. Just one look at her and my heart swells. Her laugh makes my knees weak. Her voice could make any man bow to his knees, her beauty is unexplainable, she's....she's perfect..."

I said while looking down at her lovingly and softly stroking her hair again. She snuggled closer to me, and I stopped hesitantly not wanting to wake her.

A big grin made it's way onto his face.

"I can tell you love her son. I can tell with a single glance how much you love her. And you don't have to explain yourself to me. I felt the same way with your mother, still do for that fact"

I just smiled up at him, and he got up, gently patting my shoulder before walking into the kitchen.

I laid my head back down, and went back to sleep without even meaning to.

Rhea's POV (Pronounced : ray-uh ; in Greek mythology, Rhea is Zeus's mother😉😉😋😋)

I fixed two cups of coffee, his with 2 sugars, mine with creamer and milk.

I walked back in and looked at them with a loving look. Zeus had fallen back asleep, holding the girl in his arms tightly.

They looked so good together. And Zeus, my lord, he looks at the girl like he would jump in front of a train for her, put his head on a blade for her, do anything for her.

(Bruno Mars anybody?😂😂)

I took the coffee back to the kitchen before heading back in.

I picked up the bigger blanket that was laying on the couch and wrapped it around the both of them.

I kissed my son's head before walking to my husband.

"Come on Antonio" I smiled up at him giving him a short kiss.

"Let's go back to bed"

"Come on honey"

He grabbed my hand and we walked to the elevators, heading back to our room and then bed.