37.

---------------------------------

Kai wasn't much of a patient guy. He knew he wouldn't wait for Malcolm to talk round and round in circles without getting straight to the point. He'd rather tie him up and have his answers with good old torture. That would save his time.

But seeing as they were on thin ice already, he let Emma do the talking.

" She found a witch to do her spell," Malcolm was saying. "Not a very powerful one, though. She could only manage to send a note through. I found it in the living room this morning. It was simply there resting on the coffee table."

Emma shook her head. " Well, what does it say?" Her hands were still trembling from where'd she'd clenched them into a fist at her side.

Kai's eyes drifted to Oscar who was still on his knees, healing slowly from where Emma had stabbed him in the stomach. He felt a slight praise rise up in his chest.

Malcolm took out an envelope from his coats inner pocket and extended it towards Kai. "I believe Lily wanted this to be read by you."

Kai opened the parchment. There were three pages written in ink. Emma shifted closer to peer in it.

The first one began with the words Dear Children. He scoffed inwardly already knowing that it was going to be a long reconcilation letter about how she was so sad to leave them behind. He didn't bother reading through it and skipped to the second page.

He began reading aloud.

These are unusual circumstances as I do not find myself seeking help very often. I was deceived by my own blood and led down a path of treachery.

" Shocker," muttered Kai. Emma nudged him to continue reading.

A few days ago I learned that my family wasn't the only one who was left stranded there. You and your partner– who I apologize for being a little harsh on– were left behind.

"A little harsh?" He raised his brows. "She stuck her hand in your stomach and left you bleeding in the snow."

I only recently learned that you are also the Gemini Coven leader. The only person who can help me get my family back. I will provide you with anything you want if you agree to my terms.

His eyes fixed on the words provide you with anything you want  and he felt a small smile curling his lips. He flipped to the third page.

Firstly, you must agree to give them blood while you are trapped in the prison world. They have been in the dark for more than a century. I hope you understand.

And lastly, I suspect you must know that the Gemini Coven's reputation isn't very high among us. I would like to believe that you are different and will bring my family back to me unharmed. That is my only demand.