18.

-----------------------------

That face she had loved once. Those dark eyes. That smile. She hated every bit of it now.

Dan.

He opened his mouth and Emma saw fangs digging into his lower lip. He was a vampire. Who the fuck had been so dumb to turn an abusive bastard into a vampire?

" You know..." He said. " When I first heard your voice in the bar I refused to believe it was you. But then I saw your face. That lovely face."

" Dan," she snarled. " Let him go."

His smile only widened. " This kid? What's so special about him?" He dug his hand in deeper. Ian whimpered.

And then Emma had enough of him. She remembered Dan hitting her. Steve dying. Joshua imprisoning her. And it was enough to anger her. She concentrated her power in her hands. Her eyes red with fury. And she blasted him and he fell back with a groan.

She was at Ian's side in an instant. Pulling him onto her lap. Blood was flowing at a rather fast pace. She took to instantly tending at it. Focusing her magic on stitching the skin together.

" It's alright. It's alright. You're fine," she said hastily.

It happened so fast that she didn't have time to react. Dan's hand was pressed against her neck choking the air out of her.

"I heal fast," he said, tightening his grip around her neck. "And move fast too."

She clawed at his hand. Tried to grip any emotion she could off him but she couldn't breathe. " Aww.... I've missed seeing you like this." He laughed at his own joke.

Ian was bleeding to death next to her. Her ex was a vampire and was currently choking her and she could not feel anything. Could not save herself. She had gone numb.

This was like another nightmare. She looked over at Ian from the corner of her eye. And saw her brother. Only this time she could save him. She wasn't going to let another innocent die because of another douche.

No. She would not be tamed by these men. Would not be tamed by anyone. She brought her knee up hard into his groin and he fell on the floor. " Oh you bitch -" she snapped his neck.

Ian's eyes had started to droop. He had lost a lot of blood. Emma removed her jacket and placed it on the wound. She spoke to him softly,
"Hey, baby. Look at me. Don't close your eyes. Stay with me. Alright?" He opened his eyes slightly.

She began working on healing him when he let out a scream. The scream sent shivers down her spine. Too much power. She had too much power. She would probably damage tendons or break a few bones if she continued.

Even if she could stitch the skin back together he'd need blood. Vampire. Dan was a vampire. She could give him Dan's blood. As if reading her thoughts, he choked out the words, "No." He shook his head. Tears falling rapidly.