5.

"Hey come on, we do not have much time." A familiar voice. Steve's voice.

" Steve? " She focused her eyes on the blur figure in front of her.

He smiled and Emma practically jumped into his arms. For how long she'd been wanting to see his smile, to drown in his scent.

" Oh how I've missed you sister, " he said. She didn't care how this was happening. She tightened her grip around his waist hoping this dream wouldn't end. Was it dream?

" Where are we? " She asked.

" The other side."

" How did you find me? "

" Actually, you found me, " he said and gestured at his necklace wrapped around Emma's neck.

"So you've been stuck here?" She asked, taking in her surroundings.

" Not stuck. I've been living here. I met our old friends." He huffed a laugh. "Remember Jimmy?"

" Yeah, The one you beat up for making fun of your hair."

" Yes," he chuckled, the sound echoing in the surrounding. Watching him laugh, Both of them together, this is what she always wanted, Emma realized.

" We're together. I'm not gonna let go this time," she said.

" No."

" What? "

" You will wake up in the prison world in a matter of minutes. You have your entire life ahead of you. We'll meet again, I promise."

Emma swallowed back the pain in her chest. " I hate it when you act like you're the elder one. "

He smiled at that.

" How have things been with your sociopath? " he asked.

My sociopath?

" Weird. How do you know about him?"

" Edin told me about this story that someone from the Parker family was locked up in the prison world. He murdered his siblings. I figured you'd be friends with him."

Friends? Well, he did cook for. And listen to her talk. And annoy her.

Steve struggled for words as he tried to read her expression. " He's not – I mean, You're..."

He was worried that what happened before might repeat." No, I'm fine, " Emma said.

" You're fine, right? I mean, you don't... You don't have to think about him. He was an ass. "

Emma just nodded.

" Good," he said. "And if that ever bothers you tell me, alright? "

It did bother her. Everyday. She could never stop thinking about it.

" I will." It made her feel better because even though he wasn't really here she knew he would always care.

" Dan, let me help you, " Emma said softly and reached to touch his arm. Blood dripped from his busted knuckles onto the carpet. There was a crack in the wall where he'd punched.

She held his hand and made him turns towards her. " It's okay," she said, tears falling from her eyes. Dan leaned in and grabbed the back of her neck forcing her to meet his eyes.

Emma closed her eyes not wanting to look at him. " You will touch me when I tell you to. You will speak to me when I want you to," he said through gritted teeth. His eyes were bloodshot red. How much did he have to drink? "GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD!" He threw her roughly against the wall.