25.

Sexual content!

Sexual content!

-------------------------------------

When the memory finally stopped playing in her mind, bright light flashed in front of her eye lids. Emma opened her eyes to find Damon gazing down at her, concern strewned across his face. Am I in hell?

Her first thought was to kill him. To drown him in fear or make him feel pain so cold that he'd beg for a merciful death. But she found that she couldn't move. Her hands were numb.

Why was he here? How did she end up here? And where was Kai? She couldn't make the connections.

When Damon began talking she didn't have any choice but to listen. But as he went on she felt as though he'd shot her. Her throat had gone dry. She couldn't believe that Kai would do this. It undid her completely. What had she done to deserve this? She felt tears sting her eyes.

" Emma," said Damon softly. He put a hand under her chin, lifting her head up to meet his eyes. Her eyes were glassy. He caressed her cheek with his thumb. " I'm not going to compel you Emma. I don't want to be that person. Not to you."

Her eyes flickered. He was giving her a choice. She generated power from Damon's emotions. " I'll...I'll speak to you later, yeah?" She said before teleporting straight to Kai's apartment.

-----------------------------------

"Emma," said Kai, barely a whisper. She wasn't supposed to be here. She was to start over without him. He breathed heavily. "How are you here? Damon was supposed to-"

"Compel me?" She asked. Her voice came out smaller than she'd expected. Kai said nothing. "Why?" Her voice broke.

He didn't look up. Didn't meet her eyes. It hurt her even more. " Why?" She screamed, shoving him hard in the chest. " You bastard, I trusted you." She shoved him again making him stumble backwards.