38.

------------------------------------

Kai sighed, dropping his head in the crook of Emma's neck. "Some timing you have," he muttered. Emma nudged him, slightly flushed by Lily's presence and the fact that she had no clothes on under the blanket. 

" Yes, right, clothes." He retrieved his shirt from the floor and handed it to her. He stood facing Lily, arms crossed across his chest so that his body covered Emma while she hastily pulled the shirt on.

" I have to tell you," began Kai. " I didn't think you'd succeed in getting the ascendant from Damon. I have to give you credit for that. Anyways, now that you're here lets discuss what you're willing to give me." He smirked knowing that he'd just reminded her that she needed him. Although he didn't feel as intimidating, given that he was standing there in his boxers. 

Lily straightened. She cracked a polite smile but Kai caught the way her shoulders tensed. " I figured you would want something in return. Well, what is it?"

" Your blood," Kai said without missing a beat. " I want you to turn me into a heretic."

Lily sucked in a breath. After a heartbeat of careful consideration, she said, " Is that it?"

Well, that had gone easier than he'd expected. Kai wondered what else he could get her to give him. " Not just that," he said. " Your Damon's mother after all. I don't trust you. How do I know you won't just kill me after I return your family to you?"

Lily sighed deeply. " Well, I guess Damon has earned himself some reputation. But....I do seemed to have managed to get my hands on one piece of information that you'd like to know."

"Spill."

" I need your word first, that you'll return my family to me. Unharmed."

" Your blood first."

" Fine," she ground out, gritting her teeth. " You'll get your blood first. Now vow."

Kai teasingly placed his hand on his chest, lips curling in an impish smile. " You have my word. Now for that information you said I'd want to know." 

" Ah, yes." Her eyes darted towards Emma who had come to stand next to him. " I suppose you might have not been feeling very well the past few weeks. Getting sick more often than your immortal body is used to?"

Kai's eyes narrowed on Lily.

"It's just side-effects of the prison world," Emma brushed off.