8.

------------------------

Emma had not been able to sleep since the past couple of days. Kai let her sleep in his room which was very unlike him. He slept in a chair next to the bed. Emma knew it would've been uncomfortable but he didn't complain. Despite his efforts, Emma still couldn't sleep.

She was laying on her stomach in her room, looking out the window when she felt a heavy weight being dropped on her back. She swore and turned on her back to find Kai grinning.

" Prick," She said and turned her back on him.

" Let's be real, you wish that pillow was me," he said. Emma scoffed sarcastically.

She heard him rummaging through the wardrobe. She looked up and found him throwing her clothes in a bag.

" You're throwing me out of the house? I always knew this day was coming, I just... didn't quite expect it to be so soon," she joked.

" We both know that's not happening."

" It's three in the morning." Emma sighed. " What are you doing?"

" I'm aware its late. Now come and help me pack this."

" But I wanna sleep...." She groaned and did her best impression of puppy eyes that Rebekah had taught her. She would not be impressed .

" You know, that doesn't really work on me."

She threw up her hands." Why are you packing things anyway? "

" Because we're going on a road - trip."

" Where to?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Didn't you wanna sleep?"

" You know I was only joking," she said lamely.

"Always looking for ways to spend more time with me." Emma blushed and proceeded to go pack her bag.

" Meet me down in five. And don't carry too much stuff," he said and left the room.

"Wait...You didn't tell me where we're going."

" I'll explain in the car. "

---------------------------

Emma didn't bother to change her clothes because it was three in the morning and it's not like there's anyone here who was gonna judge her.

She carried a couple of t-shirts and jeans. And carried her blanket in her hand.

She wondered if they ever got out of this prison world what would happen to them. Whatever they were. The thoughts sent shivers down her spine. She shuddered. He noticed.

" You okay? " he asked.

" Yeah. Yeah, just cold, " said Emma and wrapped the blanket around her.

" So..." he began. " I've been doing some research about what happened a couple of days ago. "

Research? He didn't tell her anything about it. She convinced herself that he probably didn't say anything because it wasn't of much importance.

"And?" She urged him to continue.

" The other side is gone. Destroyed.
But that couldn't have caused the earthquake. And I had a feeling something was wrong. "

She sucked in a breath." What do you mean? "

" There are others here."

"Oh." Was all she could say.

She felt as if someone had punched her in the gut. But this was good news. She should be happy but instead she found herself worrying. She bit her fingertips, thinking hard.

" I know. Crazy, right? I hope there are some pretty hot girls. "

She brought her knees close to her chest." They're not gonna put up with your silly jokes and shit, " Emma said with a false smile.

" Sure they will, otherwise we're just gonna have to kill them. "

" How are you so sure that there are other people in the prison world?"

" Oh. I used some of your magic the other day. I siphoned it when you were crying all over my T-shirt that day. I'm surprised you didn't notice."

Stupid. A fool to get close to anyone. She didn't even know if she was supposed to be angry or sad. She couldn't find the power to generate the anger. She was exhausted.

He must've noticed the look on her face because then he said
" Uh oh. You're mad now. It was a little magic and it's not like we mean something to each other."

I thought we did.

" Right..." Emma laughed and pulled the blanket even tighter around her. She layed her head on the car window.

" Are you gonna tell me where we're going or not? " She said after a while. The words a little sharp on her tongue.

" Somebody's mad," he whistled. She didn't bother to start an argument but then he turned up the radio volume and blasted music. Normally she wouldn't mind listening to nirvana but right now-

" If you don't turn that down-"

" I can't hear you. Be a little louder," he shouted over the music.

She yelled again for him to stop.

" Still can't hear you babe. "

This time Emma didn't bother telling him again. She turned the volume down.

"Stop it." He turned it back on.

" YoU, stop it." She turned it off.

" Stop acting like a child."

" I will get my sleep even if it means I will have to murder you," she snarled.

They were both staring at each other. Panting, from all the screaming. Anger flared in both their eyes. And then out of no-where his hands grabbed hold of her face and he lowered his lips on her own. She was taken by suprise but her lips didn't hesitate to kiss back. He pulled her closer by the waist, deepening the kiss, pulling the air out of her lungs.

He helped her up from her seat on to his. Her hands wrapped around his neck. He pulled her closer until there was no space left between them. He moaned in her mouth when she lightly pulled at his hair.

His other hand ran under her tank top sending shivers. His lips made his way towards her jaw and a small moan escaped her mouth which only excited him. He brought his lips back on her, tightening his grip making her arch her back.

He made his way down. Placing sloppy kisses on her collar bone. She laid her head in the crook of his neck. Tell him. I should tell him.

Kai cupped her face in his hands.They were both panting. She looked up at him and was about to say it when he interrupted her and said,

" Get off me. "

------------------------