11.

Two months later

                  Two months later

-------------------------------------

Kai had allowed himself to grow closer to Emma in the past months. If they were to get out of the prison world there certainly would be other people waiting to greet them. Other people that Emma would rather spend her time with. Other people whose company she would prefer rather than the bastard who broke her heart in different ways everyday.

He needed to brush up on his conversation skills again. Though sometimes when he'd start talking about Bonnie, Emma would scowl and stop listening. He wondered why.

Emma was frustrated with Kai always talking about bonnie and so she would occasionally stomp her foot on the wooden floor whenever she saw bonnie.

" This is the third time!"  Kai said through gritted teeth.

" She has ears better than the vampire! I can't help it."

" I killed my siblings without a second thought. You do that one more time and....." He stopped, hoping his warning was conveyed clearly.

" No, you won't," said Emma, hoping she was right. He avoided her gaze which told her enough.

Her smile widened. " You like me enough not to kill me."

Heat rose into his face and he turned away from her. Emma noticed and   decided to spare him. She began rummaging through her bag for fresh clothes.

" I am out of fresh clothes," she complained.

" Oh, here, have mine." He took out his bag from the one of the drawers and handed her one of his t shirts. This was unusually nice of him.

Though Emma's heart was thumping against her chest she hid her shock well. She took the shirt and thanked him.

" I'm probably going to go to the super-mart later today," he said.

" Oh, do you want me to come too?"

" No, if things go downhill I'm going to need you. "

" Downhill? What do you mean?"

He only grinned in reply as he zipped his bag and shut the drawers.

Emma sighed. " What have you planned now?"

He smirked. " You'll see."

                  ---------------------------

Emma came out of the shower and noticed the bickering had died down. Good, she thought. Also, Kai was nowhere to be seen. Probably getting pork-rind.

She put on black shorts and the t shirt that Kai gave her. She opened the room door a little and noticed that it was dead silent. They must've gone to the store.

But Kai was at the store! Something could go wrong. Panic began to seize her thoughts. She shook her head.
No, this is Kai we're talking about. He always has a plan.

" Since when did the most powerful witch on earth started worrying?" She asked herself.

Since she met Kai Parker, said a voice from inside her.

                   ---------------------------

Laying here in his shirt was like having his body pressed against her. She thought about every time they'd stood so close that she could feel his chest rising and falling against her own. His hands pulling her closer to him. His heavy breaths fanning her skin.His lips on her own. But every time he'd pull away.

Why would he pull away?

The front door banged shut and Emma sat up straight. The bickering had began, Damon and bonnie were back. Kai was still not.

She heard them arguing. " Well I'm not going to do it!" said Bonnie.

" You could just use your magic," said Damon.

She has her magic back? Was that good news or bad? She'd have to ask Kai. Emma was confused about if she must go out and spy on them or not.

Finally she decided not to risk it and stayed in her room. And anyways Kai had said that if things went downhill he'd need her.

                    --------------------------

Emma was beginning to worry. Night had fallen and Kai was still not back.
Damon and bonnie were arguing again. Out of curiosity she decided to head down and see what they were up to.

She quietly made her way to the living room. She decided to sneak from the doorway and then she saw Kai tied to the chair and Damon standing over him with a poker in his hand.

Her mind stopped working and her body froze against her will. She could not think of anything. Her legs began trembling like they always did when she was frightened.

Was this what Kai had meant when he said that he'd need her if things went downhill?

Was he tied up here all along whilst she slept in the room?

She'd have to put aside her fear if she wanted to save Kai. There would be tons of time later for panicking.

She stormed into the room and put out her hands facing Damon and bonnie and let her blood magic flow through her into their mind.

" What the-" began bonnie.

It created the same fear in their head that Emma felt everyday. They both fell to the floor holding their head. Screaming.

" Took you long enough," said Kai.

"I suppose your plan didn't work out?" She asked.

" It worked just fine," he said.

She went to help Kai out of the chair when Damon broke free from the mind cage and vamp sped towards her, slamming her body into the wall.

She gasped in suprise. Her head hit the wall hard. She was certain that her head was bleeding. His hand wrapped tight around her neck.

But the grip loosened suddenly. Damon stared at her, angling his head to the side, surprised. His anger simmered down as all the colour drained from his face.

" Emma ," Damon said.

                     ---------------------------

What do y'all think about Damon and Emma ?