14.

----------------------------------

Emma hadn't been able to sleep the entire night. She had laid awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. Sometime Later, in the early morning Kai's arm had slid across her waist, pulling her closer to him. So she had laid there listening to the sound of his breathing.

Finally when sunlight poured through the windows she got out of bed. Kai was still fast asleep so she decided against waking him. She quickly showered and put on shorts and one of Kai's t-shirts. Since she was out of clean clothes Kai had said that she could use some of the extra t-shirts he had carried.

She headed down and was surprised to find Damon and bonnie already awake.

" Hey," said Damon. "Want pancakes?"

" Uh...No. Not hungry," she said and sat opposite to bonnie on the table.

Damon having made his pancakes sat down next to Emma. Bonnie didn't look up, she was lost in thought.

" Whatchu thinking bouch bon bon," said Damon with a mouth full of pancake.

At that she looked up.
" Do you know the spell?" Bonnie asked Emma.

" What spell?" Asked Emma.

Bonnie sighed. " You know.... the spell to getting out of here using the ascendant. Surely, Kai must've told you." Emma looked at her, confused.

" Don't act all innocent," bonnie snapped.

Bonnie was getting on her nerves early in the morning. Even though she didn't know the spell she decided to play along just to piss her off.

" Even if I did know the spell why would I tell you ? Give me one reason," she said nonchalantly.

" Because we want to get out of here! There are people out there who care about us," she said. Emma rolled her eyes. " Tell me the spell or Damon will compel you to."

Damon who had been happily munching on his pancakes looked up and passed bonnie a don't drag me in this look.

" Then I will not hesitate to kill you," said Emma.

" You won't. You're weak,"

"You think I don't wanna get out of here? You've been stuck here for a couple months, Bonnie. I've been here for three years. Kai's been stuck here for eighteen years!"

" Yeah well surely there's a reason you're stuck here," she muttered.

" Bonnie-" said Damon.