20.

------------------------------

It was past midnight and Kai hadn't returned. He hadn't answered any of Emma's calls either. She waited a while longer before heading to bed. Emma wasn't really asleep when her phone rang.

"Hello, Hello." Why was he so cheerful at one in the morning?
"Miss me?"

"It's late. Where are you?"

" I am at the Mystic grill," said Kai.

" Is the grill even supposed to be open at this hour?"

" No, I don't think so." Emma rolled her eyes. " Now," he crooned. "Do as I say."

When she did not answer he added,
"Please."

" Alright."

" Open my cabinet." She did. " Look where I keep my boxers. See a bag?"

" Yeah?"

" Open it," he said. She already had and was gaping at it. "Put it on."

" Absolutely not. When did you buy this ?"

" I was buying modern clothes for myself. The dress was just hanging there. Looking pretty. Everyone was staring at it. But you know, now that I think about it, maybe they were staring at me."

" Kai..."

"Alright, alright. Put it on and meet me at the grill. I just want you to be dressed for the occasion."

What could he have possibly planned. A date maybe? But at this hour?

She agreed to meet him there in ten minutes.

Emma was right. The black dress ended just below her thighs. It was backless, supported by rhinestone strings that she was sure could snap at any moment. The neck was deep as well. It ended at her waist, showing off her chest.Her breasts were covered by two pieces of black fabric.

She decided to leave her hair open and applied the only make-up she owned– lip gloss.

Emma glared at herself in the mirror. She'd seen napkins longer than what she was wearing. Kai sure had some taste.

--------------------------

Kai was talking to Elena while stuffing his mouth with fries. He'd kidnapped her and tied her with vervain laced ropes. He'd done it to get back at Damon, who had taken much pleasure in throwing rocks at him earlier at the cemetery.