19.

-----------------------------

Kai had successfully abducted Jo from the hospital, thanks to that girl at the college festival who was being all clingy. She proved to be an amazing bait to get to Jo. Though he hated that his new t shirt was now covered in her blood.

He had returned to the hospital to get his knife back. He'd brought that knife along with him from the prison world. Sentimental. But he had found Emma.

He was so happy. He wondered if she could feel it. But then his smile dropped when he took in her appearance.

Putting on a clean t shirt, Kai knocked softly on the bathroom door. Emma had been in there for a while now.

When there was no reply he stepped into the bathroom. Her legs were pulled up to her chest and she had fallen asleep leaning against the bathtub. How exhausted was she?

Blood clung to the side of her face. Kai sat on his knees in front of the tub. He lifted her head gently and put his arm underneath it. She opened her eyes slowly.

" You fell asleep," said Kai. And created a lather of soap, bringing it to the side of her face. He drew circles on her cheek with his thumb, watching as the blood left her skin. Kai hated seeing her like this. He wanted to hear her talk. Wanted to listen to her voice all night long. Kai washed off the soap on her face and placed a quick kiss on her cheek.

His thumb ran over the side of her neck and she hissed in pain. Kai's brows furrowed in confusion as he lifted her chin and saw the bruises. Anger flared into his every nerve.Oh, how he'd torture the person who had done this. She just had to say the name.

He washed her arms next. The colour of water grew a deep red as blood left her skin and blended with soap and water. Kai drained the tub so she wouldn't have to look at it. A tear slipped from her eye.

I'll fix it. Tell me what's wrong.

Kai motioned for Emma to lean forward. He caught a glimpse of how the bones in her chest were flared like the wings of a bird. Was she not eating again? Kai had tried so hard in the prison world to get her better. He would even agree to give her piggyback rides so that he could tell the difference in her weight.

He massaged her hair and the back of her neck with shampoo. She hugged her knees tighter to her chest. Kai put the shower on and washed out the shampoo slowly, taking his time.

When he was done, he wrapped a towel around her shoulders. " Can you stand?" He asked. Emma nodded. So he left her some of his clothes and waited outside while she changed.