Chapter 10- An Unlikely Reunion

The world descended into utter chaos, shrill shrieks and shouts echoed into the air as everyone tried to escape from the missiles.

"Run (Y/n)!" I heard Newt scream over the chaos, I looked back over my shoulder just making sure that he was okay.

"GO!" Thomas shouted in panic as the group pelted down the direction we had just come.

I tried to pump my legs as hard as I could, the ground shaking violently as each missile landed closer and closer, specks of dust and pebbles being thrown up into the air, obscuring our visions.  A missile landed within near inches of me before going off.

I'm nearly thrown off my feet but luckily manage to keep my balance, with that I continued to run, not wanting the next missile to be near me the next time.

Ironically, I felt as though I was back in the maze again, running for my life from the Grievers.

And here I was running for my life yet again.

A few people besides us are thrown into the air from the explosions, people forcefully shoved past us in a desperate attempt to get to safety.

"Come on this way!" Nova shouted as she suddenly slid to a stop, nearly causing Frypan to collide with her, without even speaking Nova turned to the right and began to pelt down one of the tunnels, her brown locks flying out behind her.

I stumbled after her, coughing violently as the dust entered my lungs, my eyes stung immensely but I knew I had to keep powering through.

We all followed Nova through the tunnel and away from the missiles, but that it didn't stop me from running. Glancing over my shoulder, I just managed to catch Jorge, Brenda and Thomas running after us, just as another missile exploding behind them.

Once I was sure everyone was safely through, I turned to run again however instead I slammed into another masked figure, in an instant the figure latched onto my collar and began to haul me away.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed, twisting and shouting, "YOU SHUCKING SHANK, LET ME GO!", I certainly wasn't going to go down without a fight.

More masked figures suddenly appeared out of nowhere and latched onto the others, one grabbed Newt from behind, latching their arms around his waist.

"Newt!" I yelled, twisting and struggling as much as I could against the figure that was holding us however it was simply no use.

"Let me go!" Newt bellowed, trying as hard he could to fight against the figure that was holding him but his efforts were fruitless.

As much as I tried to resist against the grip, I simply could not and I am forced to watch as the others are taken by the masked figures.

"(Y/n)!" Newt shrieked as he is shoved into a van.

I screamed my heart out, kicking, clawing and even attempting to fight the figure that held me, I had turned into a rabid beast, thirsty for blood.

"Brenda, Nova!" Jorge screamed, the pain in his voice making my heartbreak into a million pieces.

The figure clutching me roughly shoved me inside of another van. I slid along the van floor and my back hit the other door with a thud, causing a slight pain to course through my body.

Brenda and Thomas are thrown into the same van like me, as Brenda got shoved in the van doors immediately slammed shut and the vehicle started up. The van lurched forwards as the driver drove off.

I whipped around to face one of the masked figures, staring daggers at the man. He simply stared back at me, his hand clenched a little tighter over his gun.

"Who the hell are you!" I shouted through clenched teeth, the windows of the vehicles were blacked out, preventing us from seeing where these people were taking us. 

The figure doesn't answer me and instead stared straight ahead, I clenched my jaw hard, trying to calm the wave of fury that brewed within me.

"I said who the shucking hell are you!" I snapped, "Who the hell are you, people!" I tried again but frustratingly, still not a response.

Unable to control my anger, I pulled back my fist and slammed it into the masked figures face, causing their mask to slip down their face.

Almost in an instant, the other masked figures launched themselves towards me, grabbing my arms and pinning them hard against my back, making me groan in pain as I'm forced onto the floor of the van but it didn't stop me from kicking and screaming as much as I could.

"(Y/n)!" Brenda and Thomas chorused in unison as Brenda lunged towards the group trying to pry the masked figures of me.

"Let her go!" Brenda pleaded, "She'll stop!".

Like shuck, I would stop

One of the masked figures holding me chuckled, shaking his head as he turned to his counterpart.

"He said this one would be feisty".

I sat up and ran a hand through my messed up hair, staring at the masked man in utter confusion, who was he?

I then shifted my eyes to the masked figure at the end of the van, who had not stepped in when I had punched the man in the face, they stared straight ahead. Their expression unreadable due to the oxygen mask over their face.

Frowning deeply, I used my legs to push myself back against the wall of the van, next to Thomas. A million thoughts rushed through my head at once.

Where were we going?

And who the shuck was he?

***

Silence reverberated around the whole van making the situation slightly uncomfortable, but I continue to glare at every masked figure that was in the van, my thoughts racing at a million miles an hour. Where were they taking us? 

It seemed as though my questions were answered as finally the van slowly halts to a stop and the driver gets out before opening the back doors. I used my hands to shield my eyes from the light pouring into the van. 

We were in some strange concrete building, where the light shone through the gaps in the ceiling but I don't have time to process anything else as I'm yanked out the van. Stumbling out of the vehicle I dust myself down taking a moment to look around.

The masked figures hop out of vehicles around us or jump down from the roof with a thump.

"Where is she!" A voice suddenly screamed, in an instant the doors of the van on my right side fly open and a man is pushed out. Nova then leaps from the van and punches the man hard in the face.

"Nova, No!" Brenda shouted rushing towards the fight, "I'm here, I'm here!" She repeated trying to get Nova off the man however the masked figures around her shove Brenda back, pointing the barrel of their guns at her.

"Hey!" I shout with a frown, attempting to make my way over to her however I am stopped as one of the masked figures jabbed the barrel of their gun into my stomach, making me step back with my arms raised in defence.

In a second, Newt is beside me, pushing himself in from t of the masked figure, glaring at them "Watch it, she didn't do anything alright?" Newt shouts oi aguish.

"Everybody just calm down!" A new masked figure exclaimed, the figure hoists his gun tightly up to his chest, "We're all on the same side here".

"Same side as us?" Thomas retorts, shoving off the guard that was holding him. "Who the hell are you people?" He demanded.

The masked figure sighs, their shoulders slump in defeat before finally reaching up to lift of their mask.

My heart skips a beat.

Gally.

******

Hi guys!

Gally is back lmao 

Will try be updating a lot more as I'm on summer break right now