Chapter 11- The Crank With No Nose

A breath hitches in my throat as I take in the boy.

We saw him die? 

I watched the spear enter his chest.

Right after he had killed Chuck. 

The memory of that eventful moment flooded my brain, I could vividly remember Chuck collapsing to the ground, Thomas going down with him. Holding onto him as the life left his body.

By the time I managed to regain my composure, Gally was on the ground with Thomas over him. It was clear that the boy still had some built-up rage from what happened to Chuck.

Newt rushed over to Thomas in an instant, stopping quickly before him as he grabbed the brunette's arm. Preventing Thomas from hitting Gally.

"Tommy, don't!" Newt shouted in a panic, holding Thomas's shaking hand as he glared down at Gally.

"He...he killed Chuck" Thomas hissed through gritted teeth, it was clear that Thomas was using everything he had to not punch Gally.

"I know, I was there" Newt reassured Thomas, "But I also remember that he was stung and absolutely out of his mind" The blonde continued, hesitantly looking upwards, watching the armed men who stood around us.

"Just calm down" Newt whispered.

Miraculously, it seemed to have worked. Thomas grunted before standing up and dusting himself off. Gally slowly stood up, rubbing his jaw.

"Alright, I guess I did deserve that" Gally grumbled as he looked around the group, "Anybody else wants a turn? Newt? Frypan?... (Y/n)?"

I clenched my jaw hard as Gally and I hold each other gaze, I knew he had changed from the boy he was in the Glade, but part of me can't forget what he did when he tried to kill me.

But it was like Newt said. 

He was stung and out of his mind.

"You know this guy?" Brenda asked, folding her arms across her chest as she looked at Gally with a quizzical expression.

"He's.. somewhat of an old friend" I answered, pressing my lips into a thin line.

"But, I don't get it" Newt piped up, "We watched you die... Minho killed you!".

Gally frowned at Newt before shaking his head with a small sigh, "No, you all assumed I died and left me" He snapped.

I can't help but feel slightly bad for Gally, we just left him to die, assuming that Minho's spear had stopped his heart.

"What are you guys doing here?" Gally questioned after an uneasy silence.

"It's Minho" Fry explained, "WCKD's got him... attacked us six months ago, we think they've got him inside the walls.. and we need a way to get into the city."

Gally gave a small sigh, It was clear that he was debating whether or not to help us, I prayed that Gally would decide to help us... otherwise, we were shucked.

"I think I can help with that" Gally nodded slowly, he turned on his heels and began to make his way deeper into the building before realising that none of us was following, causing him to let out an annoyed groan.

"Why should we follow you...and how do we even know to trust you?" I piped up, my feelings were extremely mixed, I was hesitant to trust Gally.

"You can't" Gally quipped back, taking me by surprise slightly.

A small smug smile tugged at the corners of Gally's lips, "But I'm the only chance you guys have of getting Minho back, so come on". 

With that, Gally turned and headed further into the building. There's a slight pause before Thomas led the group, following behind Gally.