Chapter 16- Negotiation

Mae did not stay silent for the entire trip back.

The entire way, she kicked and screamed and wriggled, even tried to kick Fry in the groin at one point, though no matter how hard the girl screamed, I refused to pay any attention to her. The thought of Newt kept weaving it's way into my mind, I didn't even know how long I had left with the boy. But what I did know was that Mae and Teresa were going to help us get into WCKD.

One way or another.

"YOU BASTARDS LET ME GO!" Mae shrieked as we ascended the ladder back into the hideout, "LET ME GO!" Mae screamed, capturing Jorge and Brenda's attention.

I squatted down onto my heels, reaching out to help Nova lift Mae into the room, Fry then hoisted the girl over her shoulder, pinning her arms to the side making sure that Mae could not push off the sack on her head.

"Well, she certainly knows how to kick up a fuss." Jorge chuckled, exchanging a amused look with Brenda.

"Oh, perfect" Heather sighed, entering the room "Well let's get this party started I suppose."

Thomas and Gally trailed behind Heather, both carrying a squirming Teresa between them, running a hand down the side of my face, I let out a sigh of exasperation sitting myself down in a nearby seat.

Newt steadily limped over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder, "How did it go?" The blonde asked, his brown eyes filled with concern.

I paused for a moment, watching Gally, Thomas, Nova and Fry wrangle Mae and Teresa into two chairs, pursing my lips together I glanced back up at Newt. Though when I met his eyes, the only thing I could think about was the ticking clock that hung above us, the clock that was slowly running out of time....

"Well, the shank threatened me with a gun" I explained casting my eyes to Mae before bringing them back to Newt, "She's going to help us get Minho back... and cure you."

Newt seemed a little taken back by my firm tone, he pursed his lips into a thin line before giving me a silent nod and sitting himself down next to me, looking at Mae and Teresa with a serious expression.

Nova reached forward and yanked the sacks of the girls head, Teresa gasped in shock, her eyes scanning the area. Mae clenched her jaw tightly, glaring at all of us, though her expression faltered once she laid eyes on Gally.

"What the shuck?" Mae questioned, gazing at the boy in disbelief, "Gally... but... we watched you die?" She exclaimed.

"What is this?" Teresa asked in a panic, glancing around at each one of us.

"Let's just cut the crap" Gally responded nonchalantly, "Both of you are going to answer our questions, alright?"

The two girls remained silent, Teresa gaze continually fell onto Thomas, the latter of whom looked at Teresa with a calm expression. 

"WCKD has Minho" Gally continued, "But what part of the complex is he at?"

"I-" Teresa began, staring at Gally in shock, "How do you expect to get in there? it's heavily guarded and-" Teresa added staring at Thomas.

Gally lets out a frustrated sigh, in a flash he grabbed a chair and swung it in front of the girls, sitting on it backwards, blocking the view of Thomas.

"Don't look at him" Gally snapped, "Why you looking at him? look at me".

"You don't understand" Mae piped up, "The complex is heavily guarded... you can't expect to waltz in there and get Minho."

I clenched my jaw tightly together, rage boiling within me, I stood up from my seat walking over and standing next to Gally.

"That's not what we asked is it?" I hissed, glaring at both of the girls, I glanced over my shoulder spying a small scalpel that had been left strewn on the wooden table, I grabbed it and turned brandishing it at Teresa and Mae.