Chapter 19- Goodbyes Are Always The Hardest

Gally took me through the parking garage before eventually leading us to an open area, colossal buildings towered above us. In the center lay a giant body of water, the moonlight glistened gently of it's surface.

I slowed to a stop, facing Gally, "So how are we going to find Thomas and the others?" I asked glancing over my shoulder making sure that no WCKD officers were following us.

Gally opened his mouth to respond however a loud shattering sound cut him off. Frowning I looked upwards, my eyes widening as a large metal cylinder of some sort descended from a building into the water below. 

Gally stared at the object for a few seconds before shifting his gaze back to me, "That's how" He responded.

"What the actual shucking klunk" I whispered to myself eyeing the glass window that the metal object had shattered.

Suddenly a group of guards came running down the eastern side of the block, they all sprinted past us not even bothering to ask what we were doing there, which made me chuckle slightly under my breath. Though the guards made their towards the entrance of the building, positioning themselves behind columns. 

They were going to catch the trio by surprise.

"I got this" Gally whispered pushing me behind my own column.

"Gally, what are you doing?" I demanded.

"Just trust me" Gally replied, the older boy then straightened his back striding as fast as he could over to the guards.

For a few seconds I am confused on what he is doing, though eventually it clicked. He was pretending to be part of the guards. I crouched down behind the column, making sure that there was no way I could be seen.

Peeking around I watched the broken window above me, suddenly three figures came running out of it, hurtling towards the water below.

"THOMASSSSSS" A voice screamed causing my heart to skip a beat.

Minho.

They got him.

The trio hit the water, arms and legs flailing wildly, sending water spraying out to the sides. My eyes shifted back up to the building, noticing Janson standing at the edge, aiming his gun down at the water. Eventually, after a few moments Thomas, Newt and Minho surfaced. They stared back at Janson with gleeful expressions.

Thomas raised his middle finger pointing it at Janson, the sight made me smirk proudly.

Take that Janson.

"Come on" The Brunette boy called as he began to swim towards the edge of the water.

Thomas and Minho both heaved themselves out of the water before they both took Newt by the arm and dragged him up onto land, the blonde boy collapsed onto the ground. His chest heaving for breaths.

The guards and Gally immediately took the opportunity to corner the group, they all advanced towards the boys launchers raised.

"Hands up!" One guard shouted causing the three boys to jump suddenly with fright, watching as the guards advanced towards us.

"I said hands up!" The guard repeated.

Though the trio don't obey the order, from behind the pillar I could see Thomas's left hand slowly reaching towards his gun. Though the guard must have sensed what he was going to do and tightened his grip on his launcher.

"Not a chance in hell, kid!" The guard growled causing Thomas to stop what he was doing, "Now, put your hands up!"

A tense second passed before suddenly Gally turned, firing electrical clamps at the guards. The three men cried out with pain, all collapsing to the ground and blacking out within a few seconds.