Chapter 22- Loss

The relief that flooded within me as Gally led me into the berg was one that was indescribable. The pair of us quickly stumbled onto the platform, past Jorge and Nova who were helping to carry Newt into the berg.

"Is he-?" Nova questioned, looking at Newt's unconscious form with a concerned expression.

"He's alive" Brenda reassured the girl.

"Alright, we can set him in one of the beds in the cabin" Nova explained, pointing to the door on her right.

As Minho, Jorge, Nova and Brenda began to transport Newt into the cabin, I took a moment to examine his condition. Thankfully, the bliss was already at work, his dark veins were beginning to clear slightly and his skin seemed less translucent.

"(y/n), you need to sit down" Gally instructed, gently the boy slowly lowered me onto a seat, making sure I was propped up correctly.

"Gally!" An excited voice suddenly exclaimed. I watched as Heather quickly pushed herself out of the cockpit, unbuckling her seatbelt before running at Gally. The girl then launched herself at the boy, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

At first Gally is a little stunned. Though after a few moments, the boy gently wrapped his arms around Heather, embracing her.

Watching the pair be reunited made me smile gently, though out of the corner of my eye I could see Minho smirking at me from the entrance of the cabin. At first I am confused as to why the boy could be smirking, but then I realized...what he had said about Gally liking Heather, how Gally had tried to deny that he did not. Watching them right now made it clear that Gally was lying, he did like Heather. That shuck-face was just to scared to admit it.

"Are you okay?" Heather asked, resting a hand on Gally's cheek, "Are you all okay?" Heather raised her brows, shifting her attention from Gally to the rest of us.

"We'll survive" Mae chuckled weakly as she is helped onto a seat by Brenda.

"Well thank god for that" Another familiar voice chimed in.

I felt my heart sink in dismay as I watched Vince make his way over to us, a small smirk pulling at the upper corners of his lips. In the past few months it seemed the man had grown older, there was now stress lines visible across his forehead, his beard appearing a little more scruffier.

"Listen, Jorge we don't have any time to waste" Mae shakily explained, "Thomas went back into the WCKD complex to get the cure from Teresa...we need to go there."

"Alright" The older man nodded, "But first we need to patch you all up a bit...you all look like hell."

The comment made me chuckle gently, Jorge was right, we all looked like hell. We had been definitely been through it over the past few months.

"Heather, can you grab the med kit from the cabin?" Jorge asked, glancing over his shoulder at the girl.

"On it" Heather responded, the girl rushed through the doorway that lay to the right of the berg eventually coming back with a large med kit slung over her arm.

I watched as Heather and Gally unpacked the kit together, however my vision is cut of by Vince, who crouched down in front of me. The man took a moment to examine my wounds, his face pulled together in concern.

"I know what you're going to say" I mumbled, wincing as I sat up a little taller, "I'm an idiot for following them out here."

"That's correct" Vince responded. Gently the man reached out, examining my face, tilting it from side to side, "It was pretty damn reckless leaving the camp without any warning to travel hundreds of miles to this dangerous city just to save one friend."