✿ one ✿

"How can you even drink that stuff? Can't we go somewhere else?"

"Even if you don't want any, just come with me Hyung."

It is almost the end of January, and the weather is extremely chilly. Christopher is strolling through the streets of Seoul with his friend Jisung, wondering why he even tagged along with him, considering that he hated coffee and coffee was all Jisung wanted to consume.

Jisung turns a corner and Chris stops.

"Where are you going? Isn't Coffee City that way?" Chris points in the opposite direction.

"I don't go to Coffee City anymore. There's another café, just down the street. Sugar High."

Jisung continues to walk down the sidewalk, beckoning for Chris to follow.

"Sugar... High?" Chris enquires.

"Yup. It's way smaller than Coffee City, but it's warmer and cozier. Not to mention the barista," Jisung smiles, "the sweetest little thing."

Chris rolls his eyes at this. "Please, all baristas are snobby. It's clear they don't enjoy their job. I haven't had a single decent interaction with any of 'em."

Jisung chuckles. "Here we are."

Chris looks up at the sign. It has their shop name with a little coffee cup next to it. Jisung opens the door and the smell of coffee beans and sugar cookies immediately wafts out. Chris takes a long breath and looks around. Jisung isn't wrong: the entire place is an aesthetic.

Whatever. Chan thinks as he pulls out his phone. He scrolls through Instagram while trying to follow Jisung to the counter.

"Hey!" Jisung shouts to someone behind the cash register.

Chris still doesn't look up from his phone as he hears a soft 'Hi' in response.

"The usual?" The soft voice asks.

"Yes, one—"

"Cappuccino." It isn't a question. Jisung has ordered the same thing for a solid month now, so it is only natural to memorize it.

Jisung laughs. "Yes."

"Okayy~~"

Jisung turns to face Chris when he hears a sigh of annoyance. "What happened Hyung?"

Chris looks up at the ceiling and looks back at Jisung. "My phone died."

Jisung rolls his eyes as if to say, 'Oh no, how horrifying.' and turns back around again. "Hey Felix, you're gonna add the weird foamy-thingy on top right?"

Chris steps to the side to catch a glimpse of the barista Jisung seems to find so sweet. When the boy turns around, Chris almost drops his phone. He has on a white sweater, puffy around the arms, and a zipper that stops halfway down his chest. On top of it all, he has a baby-pink apron with the words Sugar High printed across it.

"You mean the microfoam?" Felix asks.

He smiles when he sees Jisung nod fervently. Chris is still trying to process what his eyes are displaying in front of him as Felix carefully draws tiny flowers in the coffee.

The barista brushes the smooth brown hair out of his eyes, which are surrounded by hundreds of tiny freckles. As he rings Jisung up next to the cash register, he can feel a pair of eyes watching him.

Jisung whips around to find a table, but Chris steps in front of him.

"Hello. Can I get you a drink?" Felix's voice is almost too soft, and if the place had been even a little bit more crowded, Chris wouldn't have been able to hear him.

"Actually, he doesn't drink co—"

"What's your favorite drink here?" Chris interjects.

Jisung looks at his hyung, perplexed, while Chris continues to look at Felix with dancing eyes.

The freckled boy blinks before answering. "Umm... I like the lattes."

"Great. I'll have that then."

Jisung narrows his eyes.

"Okie dokie~~." Felix types into the register. "Anything else?"

"Your number would be nice."

'''

hi :D

okayokay keep going -->