✿ twenty-one ✿

"What was your first impression of me?" 

Felix places his elbows on the counter and rests his face against the palms of his hands. He furrows his eyebrows and begins to ponder. 

"Hmm, good question," he says.

Chan blinks from the other side at him expectantly, waiting for the freckled boy's response.

"I thought you were a hopeless flirt."

"You're not wrong," says a voice.

Jisung pops up from behind Chan out of nowhere and laughs when he sees Chan purse his lips in annoyance. 

Chan turns back to Felix.

"And now?"

Chan catches Felix's eyes shifting to glance at Jisung. He seems to be trying to hide a smile as he answers. 

"I still think you're a hopeless flirt."

Chan rolls his eyes and turns his back to the younger, whose sinister giggling just intensifies. 

There's a ping coming from Jisung's phone and once he reads the notification, he's rushing out the door with a bright smile on his face, not even bothering to say bye to his friends. 

"What was that?" Chan asks.

Another giggle is heard behind him.

"I think it was Minho hyung."

Chan raises an eyebrow but doesn't turn around.

"Minho...?"

"Yeah! He came into the cafe the other day and Jisung wouldn't stop staring at him. Hehe, Jisung told me he liked him~~"

Chan sighs. 

"God, he's stopped telling me about these things."

"Loser."

Felix doesn't hear Chan say anything in return to his childish remark, so he walks around the counter to stand in front of the therapist. 

"Tehe, is someone mad?"

"I don't know, do you want someone to be mad?" Chan presses.

Felix gives his signature crinkly eye smile and apologizes. 

"I'm sorry~~~"

Chan tries not to give in to those puppy eyes by looking up and away from Felix.

"Hi sorry, I'm Dad," the older responds. 

Felix briefly ducks his head down into Chan's chest to laugh at his poor dad joke.

"Hi Dad," Felix pauses to laugh again. "I'm Burrito!"

Chan pretends to look ecstatic. "Hi Burrito! You look like an angel," Felix blushes at this, "are you single?"

Damn.

The hell is he supposed to say?

He doesn't have a boyfriend. 

But-

But-

Is he really single?

Chan knows exactly what he asked. Which is why he smirks and tilts his head to the side, trying to look as innocent as possible. 

"Well?" Chan asks.

Felix visibly gulps and looks down, but Chan's finger under his chin pulls his face back up.

"No. There's nothing interesting on the ground."

"I... I um..."

Felix prays as hard as he can for Jisung to come and save him.