✿ twelve ✿

"You're a simp," Jisung says.

"I agree."

It's the afternoon, a couple of hours after Chan had given Felix his hoodie. They walk down the sidewalk until they see the Sugar High sign Chan has grown to love so much. They're immediately met with a tiny floopy boy waving at the pair with sweater paws.

Chan puts his hands over his face and puts his forehead on Jisung's shoulder.

"He's so cute I'm gonna die."

Jisung rolls his eyes and shoves Chan off.

"I'm going to grab us the couch. I don't feel like watching you flirt."

Chan shrugs and happily walks to Felix.

"You still have it on?" Chan asks, motioning to his hoodie, which is somehow still in perfect condition.

"Mmmhh!" Felix nods happily. "Also, I don't think you're getting this back. It's super-duper warm and snuggly," he adds with a giggle.

Chan laughs with Felix and boops his nose.

"I don't mind."

Felix's smile gets a little wider, but Chan's falters. He takes Felix's face in his hands and examines it, eyes glossing over it in concern.

Felix makes a noise of confusion.

"Eh?"

"Are you alright?" Chan runs his thumbs over Felix's cheeks.

"Me?"

Chan looks at Felix expressionless.

"No, I was talking to Jisung."

Felix punches the therapist's shoulder and whines. "Only I can use sarcasm."

"Bubs, what's wrong? Did you sleep properly last night?"

Felix blinks.

"What?"

"Yah! Are you deaf?"

The barista winces as Chan slightly pulls at his ear and shakes his head.

"I'm just not used to anyone asking me if I slept properly."

Chan frowns. "Did you?"

Felix sheepishly shakes his head. "I was studying."

"I'm assuming you didn't eat either?"

"Heh..."

"Lix," Chan sighs, "you need to take care of yourself better."

"I know, I know, Channie. It was just one day–"

"You didn't eat for a whole day?" Chan interjects.

"M-Maybe..."

"Lix-"

"I know what you're gonna say. But I won't be able to do well on the tests if I don't study."

"You also won't be able to do that if you don't get proper sleep and eat enough food."

Chan silences Felix.

"So promise me you'll take care of yourself?"

Even his own mom didn't worry over Felix this much, and it was such a new feeling he was experiencing. Why did Chan even bother with him?

"Hey."

"Huh? Wha- Oh yeah yeah, sure. I promise."

Felix suddenly feels shy with so much attention on him, and he's finding it hard to look at Chan again. It's like someone flicked a switch inside Chan's brain because his face suddenly lights up and the frown disappears.

"Good. Eat more food, your face is getting less fluffy."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Felix snickers.

"Noourrr, I love my baby's cheekies," Chan says as he gives Felix kisses.

"Did you just talk in a baby voice?' Felix asks incredulously.

"Perhaps."

Felix laughs and gives Chan a push.

"Go away, I'll get your guys' drinks."

"Okay~~"

"You're smiling like an idiot," Jisung says as Chan walks over to him.

"Be quiet."

As the pair make small talk, the barista arrives with two drinks in hand.

"Thanks Lix."

Chan isn't sure why Felix walks away with a bashful smile. It's pretty much been a month, so it wasn't that awkward anymore.

"So you aren't dating, but you find it normal to just kiss him?"

"We talked about this Jisung, it's just on the cheeks."

"But does it matter? This whole system is literally rigged. And the fact that he's okay with it–" Jisung pauses when he notices Chan staring at his coffee with his mouth slightly open.

"You're not listening are you?" Jisung groans.

Chan still has his eyes fixated on the light brown caffeine in front of him. Because Felix replaced the foam flowers in Chan's cup with three tiny white hearts.  

'''

everyone gangsta until Felix flirts back