Character Introduction

name: Kyoku Fuyumi

"I'm chasing after my dreams, and one day you'll see me playing music for the world."

Character Information:

Also known as:

Fuyu [Miya Twins]

gender: Female

birthday: December 18, 1995

Status:

age: 17

height: 5'4" ft. (164 cm)

weight: 44 kg

occupation: High School Student (Class 2-6)

team: Inarizaki High School

position: Manager

Background Information:

family: Kyoku Haruna (Luthier)

likes: Music, Sweets

hometown: Hyogo Prefecture, Japan

current concern: "Is my hair white because of genetics or stress?"

Background:

Fuyumi developed an interest in classical music at a young age, thus started learning music in 1st grade.

In 2nd grade, she unconventionally befriended Osamu through sharing an onigiri with him. In the process, she befriended Atsumu and it has been the three of them ever since. They all became close-knit friends that treat each other like siblings.

In 4th grade, Fuyumi started to compete in music contests and playing in recitals. From then on, she would play various instruments for different contests all over the prefecture. She started competing nationally in her 1st year middle school. After winning competition after competition, she made a name for herself and was listed by her mentor to join the Sendai International Music Competition during her 3rd year middle school. She won 1st place gold in that competition under the violin section.

She has played all over the nation, garnering classical music fans' respect and admiration. After middle school graduation, her mother made her agree to take a break from joining competitions for a change of pace. Hearing that news made the twins invite her to join them in the team, Atsumu being persistent with this idea. That was how she ended up agreeing to join Inarizaki's Volleyball team as their manager.

Statistics:

power: 3/5
jumping: 1/5
stamina: 2/5
game sense: 4/5
technique: 2/5
speed: 1/5

Fuyumi knows the basics of the sport since she grew up with the Miyas. She is also observant with the players' mannerisms, basic positions, and plays, thus is an amazing manager who could take note and tell the players about what she analyzed. But, she is no athlete and is weak in terms of physical strength, she also gets bruises rather easily.

Personality:

- A range between caring, stern, and playful, all depending on her mood and the situation.

- There are days when she scolds the troublemakers for what they do like a responsible person.

- There are days when she gives up on managing the troublemakers and lazily join in the fun.

- She would also ruthlessly point out opponent's small weaknesses for others to pry open to win.

- But she is an overall hardworking manager everyone cares for and trusts.

- She also gets uncomfortable with new situations or when she's cornered by others.

- She also doesn't care about insults directed her way, since she thinks they're useless.

- She doesn't hesitate to point out facts and diss people when they're at her bad side.

- She is passionate about Music and never stops playing music even as a volleyball team manager.

- She's an overall likeable character who is inconsistent due to her moods.

Trivia:

- The last name "Kyoku" means Tune and is derived from the fox species Hokkyokugitsune that also means Artic Fox.

- Fuyumi means Winter (Fuyu) Fruit (mi)

- Inarizaki Volleyball Club all cherish Fuyumi and support her in her music contests.

- Amazingly, Fuyumi has a fanbase just like the InaHigh players, wherein it is a collective group of classical music fans who adore her playing and those who admire her as a manager/person.

- The 2nd Year Squad (Atsumu, Osamu, Suna, and Ginjima) are also Fuyumi Protection Squad.

- The maroon hair tie she uses is a gift from Osamu after she agreed to become their manager.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

MUST READ NOTES!!

- The art as usual are based on images I find as copy references. If you see something similar, it is most likely the original artwork. I only use them as copy references!!

- This is inspired by TOO MANY Haikyuu!! fics I swear. I wrote this in both inspiration and because I was having fun in adding the 'slice of life' aspect of this fic I was writing.

- Fuyumi is a character I thought of after reading the manga chapter featuring the Inarizaki team. I've drafted her too many times honestly. In the end, she became a versatile character since she had to adjust to her best friends and team a lot.

- My main point here is friendship and companionship!!! A very platonic fic honestly. But, the romance aspect of this fic will be Suna x OC. If y'all ain't into it sorry broskies. 

- I won't be writing the Kansai-ben in the dialogues (cuz I tried and it sucked, I couldn't make it work, and I didn't want it to look awkward so yeah) but the Kansai-ben is present in the story! 

- I am neither a musician nor someone who is good with volleyball, so there may be errors in those fields. This is all fictional and for funsies so if there's anything inaccurate or wrong, you guys can tell me! 

- The story is loosely follows the canon plotline at Inarizaki's side but ofc I have made my own adjustments for the fic. I did try staying true to the plot as much as I could!

- Disclaimer: Haikyuu!! Belongs to mangaka Haruichi Furudate-sensei. I only own my OC and fic.

- I hope everyone enjoys the story~!!!