04

Last year of middle school was a flurry of events. The Miya Twins led their Volleyball Team to victory and Fuyumi had done concertos all over Japan.

And once the Sakura blossoms started to bloom and fall, it was graduation. Finally, they have graduated from Yako Junior High.'

"Where will you guys go to?" Fuyumi asked her two friends, all of them staring at the falling petals of radiant pink.

"Inarizaki High School. We were in their volleyball group anyway." Osamu answered as Fuyumi sighed out. "My mom told me to take a break from music for a while. A change of pace, she says." she mumbled out, remembering her mom's clear words.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"I want you to take a break from playing in competitions." Haruna said as Fuyumi turned to her in shock. "What? Why??" she asked her mother.

Haruna sighed, "I really do enjoy your playing and that you love music so much. But you need to explore other things too. Widen your horizons a bit." the mom explained.

Her child's world has been music-filled since the beginning. It's not per se a bad thing, but it limits her from other things and that's what Haruna's worried about.

"Okay, hear this out. I will only allow you to join competitions you are invited to, in exchange, I want you to pick up something new for high school. A change of pace is also a good thing." Haruna said gently. She wants her child to be open more.

Fuyumi pursed her lips, "Hmm fine. I'll try." she said. Maybe her mom's right, a small change of pace could help her too.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Oh, join our volleyball club then!" Atsumu then proposed with a grin. Fuyumi turned to her faux blonde friend, "I can't play." she pouted at him.

"No, I mean as our manager! It'd be great!" Atsumu insisted as Fuyumi sighed. "Do I have to?" she asked him. Music then Volleyball seems like a drastic change. "Yes!" Atsumu answered with a chirp.

"But why? We spend time together all the time." Fuyumi stated as Atsumu rubbed his nose smugly. "Because you're our precious childhood friend. We're destined to stay together." he proclaimed.

"Out of spite, I might enroll in Itachiyama to help them instead if that's your only reason."

"Wait what-?!"

"You can't leave me with this scum."

Osamu seriously stated, dead eyes directly staring into her own eyes. Fuyumi muffled a laugh before sighing at them. "I can't believe that you pulled the Childhood Friends card for me to join you." She stated, shaking her head.

"Is it working?"

"Like hell it is!"

"Then let's make a bet!" Atsumu said, standing up. "Samu, lend me a coin." He then asked his twin. "Are you openly stealing money from me?" Osamu asked in pure disdain.

"IT'S NOT THAT! IT'S A COIN FLIP! A COIN FLIP!" Atsumu shouted to clear it out. Osamu grumbled as he gave the guy a coin. Out of spite, he gave him his cheapest and ugliest one.

Grinning, Atsumu turned to Fuyumi. "Heads or Tails?" he asked as Fuyumi sighed. "Fine. Heads." she stated as Atsumu nodded, "Heads, you do what you want. Tails, you join in as manager." he said smoothly.

He flips the coin up high before catching it on top of his hand and securely covering it. "The final reveal." Atsumu said dramatically as the trio looked at the coin.

Heads.

Both Miya Twins stared at the coin in disbelief. "Tsumu you absolute idiot, now we can't have her join." Osamu said to his twin. "Wait- it's my fault?!" he asked in shock.

"OF COURSE IT IS! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO FLIPPED THE DAMN THING!"

"OKAY THEN, YOU TRY FLIPPING IT! SAME THING!"

Osamu swiped the coin away and turned to Fuyumi. "Tsumu sucks so that doesn't count." he told her, ignoring his twin's shouts.

He flipped the coin up high and caught it as it fell. The three once again peered down to look at the coin.

Heads.

"YOU'RE JUST AS BAD SAMU!"

"YOU SHUT UP TSUMU! AT LEAST I'M NOT A JERK WHO PULLED THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND CARD!"

Fuyumi shook her head with a laugh, "Idiots. Why do I love you guys?" she asked herself. The arguing twins halted in their words as they looked at Fuyumi laughing at them.

"It's okay to not love Tsumu." Osamu bluntly told her. Atsumu smacked his head, "What was that you punk?!" he exclaimed.

Fuyumi though stood up and puts her arms around both of their backs, "Well, are you guys sure about me joining?" She asked them.

"No duh. You have volleyball knowledge and you used to help out in the volleyball group." Osamu told her. Atsumu nodded in agreement, "You are always welcome." he stated.

Fuyumi sighed, she once again questioned why the hell did she love these two idiots so much. "Since it's heads though, I can do whatever I want, right?" she asked as the twins hesitantly and stiffly nodded.

"Oh well, I guess I'll just join the volleyball club." Fuyumi drawled out with a smirk. The twins both stare at her in surprise and disbelief.

"Wait- you serious?" Atsumu asked her, wide eyed. Fuyumi snickered, "You don't want me to?" she asked as Osamu smacked his twin's face away, "Please join, I'd be happy." he said with a direct gaze.

Fuyumi chuckled, "Well, guess I'm your manager-to-be." she chirped as Atsumu went in and hugged her, Osamu following shortly.

"I KNEW YOU LOVED ME, FUYU!"

"DUNCE, SHE'S JOINING FOR US!"

Fuyumi hugged them back tightly, if she couldn't do what she loves to do, might as well turn to support the people she loves dearly.

The cherry blossoms fluttered in the winds, framing their friendship colored in bright shades.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"So you're joining the volleyball club with the Miya brothers?" Haruna asked as Fuyumi gently opened the piano. "Yup, they persuaded me with their idiocy." she snarked out as she sat on the piano stool.

"I guess having them around will ease my worries more. That's good." Haruna sighed out as Fuyumi shook her head. "I'm not sure how you could trust them, Mom." she retorted.

"Oh honey, they treat you well and protect you! At some point, they asked me if it's okay for them to adopt you as their sister. Your bond is deep."

"Proposing an adoption to the mother is a stupid idea, how come I only heard this now?"

Haruna laughed as Fuyumi shook her head at that. "I think you're going to have a fun high school." The mother chided with a smile. Fuyumi chuckled, "I'll know when I get there." she said as she lightly puts her hand on the piano keys.

The melodious tune of Fur Elise filled the room as Haruna lets out a content smile. The first time she heard her daughter play Fur Elise, it was when she was in 3rd grade for a class recital. She had played so beautifully then, and it has greatly improved ever since.

Her child is in love with Music, no matter what else comes in her life, Music will be the one she returns to.