55

"And we're here." Suna said, stepping out of the bus with a yawn.

"Hey, this looks like a nice place." Ginjima remarked, looking at the neat looking inn they will be staying in.

It was a traditional looking inn, spacious enough for the whole team. It was also a walking distance away from the volleyball court they have rented out.

"Let's head in." Ginjima told the kouhais, entirely ignoring Fuyumi arguing with the twins about the luggage. The usual, of course.

"Tsumu, Samu, please... it's just the club equipment."

"Fuyu, it looks heavy for you! We're carrying all of this."

"Exactly Fuyu."

Fuyumi's brow slightly twitched, "I hate this." she hissed, seeing the twins carry the luggage she is fully capable of carrying herself.

Shimano blinked at the scene, kind of used to it by now, before turning to Chura. "Chura-san, this is not the definition of 'gentlemanly'." she then told him, pointing at the situation.

Chura, who was about to offer carrying the equipment bag on Shimano's shoulder, withdrew his hand. "Wa-wait, it isn't?" he asked, nervously averting his gaze.

"Yes, because women don't like chivalry being forced on them." Shimano explained with a chirp, arranging the strap on her shoulder.

"I... I see..." Chura said, sadly looking at the floor. His chance of helping Shimano, all gone.

"Stop the stalling, everyone." Oomi called out to the team, mostly referring to the trio of best friends still arguing. "Let's head in now." he then stated.

Kurosu nodded, "Let's unpack and settle down for today. We'll start training tomorrow." he announced, the team all answering yes to him and starting to head their way into the inn.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Great to see you again, Shirabu~!"

"Since when were we on good terms, Vixen?"

Shirabu and Fuyumi were facing each other, the girl smiling cheekily at the pure irritation on the brunette's face.

"I thought we were close! Exchanging study notes in texts and calling me by a nickname... I can't believe you were deceiving me the whole time." Fuyumi dramatically sighed out, hand on chest.

"We exchanged notes because you needed my help, and my nickname is not a friendly one." Shirabu deadpanned in response.

Literally, Fuyumi only pokes fun at him in texts, outside organizing trainings and exchanging school notes.

"Not true, you needed help in Japanese Literature like how I needed help in Science." Fuyumi rolled her eyes at him, who huffed and didn't deny her statement.

"Anyway, thank you for accepting our training invite... even if I didn't want to see you." Shirabu still slides his snark into a sentence of gratitude.

"I missed you too, Shirabu~! And of course we'd accept the training against a school of your prestige." Fuyumi drawled out a teasing remark as well as a sincere message.

They both then glance at the rest of the gym and the teams.

Kawanishi seems to be exchanging words with Suna and Ginjima. Goshiki was being pestered by Atsumu. Osamu was sneaking a mouthful of chips into his mouth (how there was a bag of chips in his sports bag... Fuyumi doesn't really question it anymore). And the coaches were talking about the matches.