02

2 years passed by quickly, and Fuyumi was still friends with the twins, surprisingly. Those rooftop lunchtimes evolved into little hang outs out of school too. She would never believe that she'd be close friends with anyone before this. She found it baffling and amazing.

"I'm going to become the Setter!" Atsumu exclaimed during another rooftop lunchtime. Fuyumi paused herself from her homework, "Setter?" She asked. "It's a position in volleyball." Osamu briefly explained to her as she nodded.

Ah right, the twins started to play volleyball together in this volleyball workshop. They're both getting into volleyball as time passed by.

"The setter is the one who brings the ball to the spikers, Fuyu!" Atsumu said to his friend in excitement. "They're cool and since I'm cool, I'm going to be setter." He proclaimed.

He was met with both Osamu and Fuyumi giving him scrunched up doubting faces. "DON'T LOOK AT ME, LIKE THAT! YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!"

Osamu purposely ignored his twin, turning to his friend, "How is the music recital going? Heard you're playing piano, Fuyu." he asked her. Following the Ignore Atsumu tactic, Fuyumi smiled at Osamu, "Oh it's going well, Samu! I'm going to play at my best!" she cheered.

"DON'T IGNORE ME!" Atsumu shouted at them, pushing himself between them. Fuyumi laughed out loud as Osamu snickered at his twin.

"Don't worry Tsumu, I'm sure you could do it, becoming a setter." Fuyumi said, patting his head. "Fuyu~!" Atsumu cried out, hopeful. Osamu though sighed, "You're spoiling him, Fuyu." he remarked, angering Atsumu.

As the twins bickered, Fuyumi laughed at them. She wouldn't trade them for the world.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"When will it be Fuyu's turn?" Atsumu frowned, sitting next to his brother. Osamu hummed, "There are a lot of people." he mumbled out. Haruna, next to the boys, chuckled. "This is from Fuyumi's music class. Just wait a bit, okay?" she chided gently.

As she said that, the announcer then said Fuyumi's name as the girl stood onstage and sat on the piano stool. Everyone quieted down, noting that Fuyumi was the youngest to climb onstage.

Fuyumi lets out a smile as she puts her fingers on the piano keys. As she started to play, she focused on the music and played her piece. The people around her felt sucked into her playing, the girl playing Mozart's Sonata no. 16 in C major.

This was thought to be an easy piece, also called Sonata Facile wherein Facile meant easy. But truth be told, the piece is not as easy as one thinks. And with Fuyumi's own musicality into the mix, making the delightful piece seem brighter and jollier made the crowd awe.

Osamu and Atsumu were in pure awe as they watched their friend play. This was the first time they've watched her play an instrument. The most they've seen before is her humming the tune.

This was simply divine. The way the keys projected the melody clearly, how the music was skillfully produced, and how she performed was absolutely beautiful.

Osamu and Atsumu had realized for the first time, their friend was beautiful and incredible. 

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

After the recital of Fuyumi's class, Haruna said that she was going to treat the kids to dinner, or to McDonalds as the 3 kids requested. As the older woman ordered their food, the 3 4th grades idly talked to each other.

"Y'know Fuyu, you should play in contests." Atsumu said as Osamu nodded, "Agreed. You're that good." he stated in agreement. Fuyumi hummed, "You think so?" she asked her friends. It's almost rare for the twins to mutually agree on something.

"You were the only one who sounded great."

"Isn't it because you were there to support me, Tsumu? Don't be partial."

"Nah, he's right about it, Fuyu."

"Woah Samu, you're actually agreeing with him."

"You were amazing there." Atsumu praised as Osamu nodded once more. Fuyumi lets out a chuckle, "Well, since you guys said that, I'll look into some competitions." she sighed out, smiling.

"What's this about competitions?" Haruna asked, handing out the happy meals for the kids. "We told Fuyu to join contests!" Osamu answered as he opened his happy meal.

Haruna directed a smug smirk at her child, "Aren't you being a bit ambitious? Joining contests while learning both the violin and flute." she joked.

She saw that her daughter's eyes were serious though, "I can do it." she stated.

This slightly surprised the professional luthier, but a smile makes it to her lips. "Well, if you say so. I'll apply you to the nearest contest available." she said.

"Bring us too!" Atsumu exclaimed, fried still in his mouth. Osamu nodded, "We'll watch you play." he agreed. Fuyumi felt warmth in her chest, "Of course!" she giggled out.

From then on, Fuyumi started to play in contests, using different instruments depending on the category of instrument. She won award after award as she grew up. And every time, the twins were there to support her.

Vice versa, Fuyumi would support the twins in their volleyball games. Whether helping out in practices, cheering them on in official games, or nursing their injuries. She would watch the twins grow in skill and strength as time passed.

They were known as inseparable.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"You saw how I spiked that ball, right?" 1st year middle school Osamu asked his childhood friend as the trio walked together. "Of course I did. It was amazing!" she chirped out. 

But Osamu should be talking about his sets since he's a setter in the court.

"I'm going to take the setter position soon! Watch out, Samu!" Atsumu declared since he was the current wing spiker of their junior high team. 

He should also focus on his position but alas.

She was friends with idiots. Loveable idiots.

"Now now, let's just enjoy the win and celebrate!" Fuyumi said between them, clapping her hands to stop their argument.

"Sushi at Uncle Tatsumi?" Osamu asked with sparkly eyes. Fuyumi nodded, "Yup, my treat!" she chirped out as the twins hollered in cheers.

They all walked down the streets to reach the sushi place. "By the way Fuyu, you have an upcoming contest right? For flute." Osamu said as Atsumu turned to their childhood friend, "No way! Where is it being held?!" he asked.

"Somewhere nearby, forgot. I'll text you guys later about it." Fuyumi mused out. The twins nodded their heads, "You better. We can't miss a single contest you're in." Osamu stated as Fuyumi chuckled at the ridiculous but heartwarming proclamation.

They were inseparable, and she wouldn't have it any other way with these two.