39

Fuyumi did her final check up on herself, eyeing her uniform before nodding. Yup, she was prepared alright. For a new day, for a new school year!

It was the start of her 3rd year in Inarizaki High.

"I'm off, Mom!" Fuyumi said as Haruna waved goodbye to her daughter. "Have fun, Sweetie!" She called out loudly as the girl exited.

Fuyumi was immediately met with Suna waiting for her, leaned on the gates. "Morning Rintaro." Fuyumi greeted.

Suna smirked back, "Morning 'Sweetie'~" he drawled out teasingly. Fuyumi scowled at him and started smacking his shoulder.

"You shut it RinRin."

"Okay, okay. You can stop it now, Pretty girl."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Good morning~!" Fuyumi greeted her club as she opened the gym doors. As usual, she had her maroon jacket over her uniform as she entered.

"Good morning Fuyumi!" Ginjima greeted back. "Morning Fuyu!" Atsumu also stated as Osamu nodded her way.

"New year, new start. Think we'd be good senpais?" Fuyumi mused out.

"We'd be awful senpais." Suna immediately answered.

"What? I think we'd be great!" Atsumu insisted. "You obviously thought wrong. Look at yourself Tsumu." Osamu dissed his twin with a deadpan.

"Why you-!"

"Oh come on guys! It's just the 1st day!"

And the 2nd years spiraled into their usual chaos.

"Our senpais are like usual." Sui laughed out. They were the same. Then again, maybe hell would've been frozen if they had changed even a bit.

"I wonder how the team will be..." Riseki was a tad bit worried. It was no argument if they're talking about games, because all the 2nd years are amazingly skilled.

It was the overall chaos that they might bring along the way of the whole teamwork. Especially without the ultra reliable 3rd years last year.

"Hmm... who knows?" Sui pondered as well. Ginjima and Fuyumi can be relied on when the situation calls it. Suna and the Twins however... aren't the best to call for.

And let's add the fact that when the 5 of them are together, it's always collective chaos.

"Well, we've already survived 1 year with them. What's another?"

"I am worried about your untimely optimism as well, Sui."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Classes proceeds like normal. Fuyumi was consistently in Class 6 since 1st year, so she already new most of her classmates.

The only things that were new were the teachers, lessons, and circumstances.

They were in their 3rd year. Responsibilities piled up on them, concerns about their futures were often on their shoulders, and time is seemingly limited.

She had one last year with her friends being dumb high schoolers before they take steps towards their futures as adults.

And she was sure that neither of them will look back, moving forward without hesitation. It was strangely easing the sad nostalgia in her.