2

Amelia checked her appearance for the third time in the mirror before the car came to a stop outside the restaurant where tonight's dinner with members of McLaren was located.

She knew that tonight was a big deal for her father and his company and didn't want to give the tabloids an opportunity to bad mouth her over something as silly as her appearance.

Once she was satisfied with her look, she shut the mirror and placed it back in her bag just as her father opened her door and helped her out of the car.

The father and daughter walked in a silence towards the restaurant until Andrew decided to break said silence with a comment.

"Thank you for coming tonight Amelia. I know your mother would've been here if she could." The older man said to his daughter. Diane was busy working on a deadline for her new clothing line and was unable to leave her office to attend tonight's celebrations.

"Anytime." Amelia replied simply as her father held open the door to the restaurant allowing her to walk inside.

"Do me one favour tonight?" Andrew asked as they were guided to a private function room towards the back of the restaurant.

"Depends on what it is." Amelia teased with a smile on her face. It was dinner, she knew whatever her father was going to ask off her couldn't be that big of a deal.

"Don't flirt with anyone tonight, especially not the drivers." Andrew explained as they walked down the hallway.

Amelia Hunt had a reputation. One that she wasn't particularly proud of. Most of it came from tabloids looking to make money by twisting stories from events and nights out which lead to her reputation being that of a flirt and tease.

Headlines had a way of portraying someone in an unflattering matter. Things like that have not only Amelia a bad name but her father and his business with people wondering how a man could run a billion dollar company and not control his own daughter.

The room was cut off from the restaurant and had its own bar meaning no one had to leave the room to keep the privacy for the celebration.

Amelia's father excused himself as they entered the room and headed to converse with some people from McLaren. The brown haired girl took the opportunity to head to the bar and get herself a drink.

She ordered from bartender and as the older man turned away to grab her drink, she was joined by a familiar looking Australian.

"Hi. I'm Daniel Ricciardo." The newest addition to McLaren's team introduced himself to the beautiful brown haired girl at the bar. "Just thought you'd like to know. And you are?"

"I'm Amelia." She replied as the bartender placed her drink in front of her. She turned to pay but informed that the entire evening was paid for by McLaren.

"Just Amelia?" Daniel wondered with a smile on his face, curious to know where the brown haired girl came from having not seen who she walked in with.

"Amelia Hunt." The brunette introduced herself and watched Daniel's face drop slightly before regaining his usual cheeky smile.

"As in Andrew Hunt of the RH Group?" The Australian asked.

"Yep." Amelia replied before taking a sip of her drink. "Nice to meet you Daniel."

The Hunt girl finished talking and took her drink before walking away and leaving the F1 driver with a smile on his face. There was soemthing interesting about her and he knew she'd be around to stay for the foreseeable future.

—————

Dinner had ended and everyone was now simply drinking and engaging in general conversation around the long rectangular table in the centre of the function room.

"Who's the girl?" Lando asked his teammate quietly as he nodded his head to the girl in the sparkly dress that was sat next to Andrew Hunt with Zak on the other side.

"That's Amelia Hunt. She's Andrew's daughter." Daniel explained before taking a sip of his drink and placing the glass back down on the table.

"Amelia Hunt." Lando spoke to himself as his mind began to race.

"That's what I said." Daniel nodded his head in confusion as to why the British driver repeated what he had just said.

"No not that. The name sounds familiar that's all." Lando shrugged his shoulders as he leant back into his seat.

"She's the daughter of a millionaire businessman and a world renowned fashion designer, I'm sure it's familiar to a few people." The Australian told the younger boy sitting next to him.

"Yeh you're probably right." Lando nodded in agreement as he took one final glance towards the brown haired girl before he brushed it off and began to talk to the people around him.

" Lando nodded in agreement as he took one final glance towards the brown haired girl before he brushed it off and began to talk to the people around him