6

The following morning was Race Day. Amelia had returned back to her room to find her father asleep which saved her from a conversation about where she was.

She awoke to find her father had already left and headed down to the track leaving her with the room to herself to get ready before heading down to the track.

After showering and drying her hair she applied a clip to pull it back slightly and keep it out of her face. Amelia then applied a light layer of make up to cover any dark circles on her eyes before getting dressed into a pair of jeans and a white shirt.

Once she was ready, she grabbed her bag making sure she had everything in it before placing her Paddock pass around her neck for when she arrived at the circuit.

She closed the hotel room door behind her and headed downstairs to the lobby to get a taxi down the to the track for the race.

When she arrived, the Paddock was already quite busy with various teams getting ready for this afternoon's Formula One race that wasn't taking placed for another 6 hours.

Amelia decided the best thing to do was to head to McLaren's motor home in search of a familiar face, assuming that's where her father would be located.

"Thank you." Amelia smiled at the man in a McLaren uniform that held open the door letting her inside.

The common area was busily packed with various people moving around, talking to one another and some also eating.

"Hello everyone." Amelia greeted the table of people where her father was sat drinking a cup of coffee.

She received a chorus of replies before Daniel Ricciardo walked passed her with a smile on her face and gave her a look.

"Daniel?" The brown haired girl asked as she tried to figure out what the look was about. "What are you looking at me like that for?"

She followed after the Australian driver towards the coffee station after he walked away with replying.

"What was that about?"

"Coffee?" Daniel questioned as he held out a cup towards her.

"Sure thanks." Amelia replied before shaking her head in confusion. "You still didn't answer my question.

"What question?" Daniel wondered with a smile on his face as he handed the brown haired girl a coffee cup before taking his own.

"Daniel. Why did you look at me like that? Like I did something?" Amelia asked as she followed after the McLaren driver.

"Oh you know what you did." Daniel assured her before sipping the hot liquid from the cup.

"No I don't. Tell me." Amelia begged getting frustrated at Daniel's ability to avoid the question she was asking.

"That boy didn't shut up about you from we left the hotel until we went our separate ways to our driver rooms." Daniel explained as he stopped outside a small hallway towards the back of the common area.

"Who? Lando?" Amelia spoke looking up slightly at the taller man.

"Obviously. Or did you go on another date last night?" Daniel teased with his normal cheeky smile across his face.

"It wasn't a date. I told him I didn't know how formula one worked and he offered to explain it to me, that's all." Amelia assured him before sipping the hot black coffee from the cup in her hand.

"Hmm. Don't know if I believe that." The Australian replied giving her a look which caused her to roll her eyes.

"Shut up Daniel." She told him pushing him slightly but to enough to spill either of their coffees.

"He's in there by the way." Daniel nodded his head down the hallway they were standing outside of which lead to the boys driver's rooms. "Of ya go."

"Leave me alone. If I go see him, will you stop bugging me?" Amelia wondered as she looked up at the older man.

"Of course." Daniel nodded in agreement although he knew he wouldn't stop teasing them both.

"Goodbye Daniel." Amelia said in a singing tone before heading down the hallway and stopping outside the room that had Lando's name on it. "Knock, knock."

"Come in." Lando called back from inside the room. She opened the door and found Lando laying on the bed in the corner of the room.

"Hello." Amelia greeted the British driver causing him to sit up quickly as he recognised the voice of the Hunt girl.

"Hi." Lando replied with a smile on his face as Amelia closed the door behind her.

"Daniel was annoying me, so I'm seeking refuge." Amelia explained causing the F1 driver to laugh.

"I'd do the same. Come on, sit down." Lando crossed his legs and gestured to the spot on the bed next to come. Amelia made her way over and sat down next to him.

The pair spent the next while sitting and talking before Jon arrived in the room looking for Lando to eat something before it was too close to the race time.

"I'll leave you to it. Good luck later if I don't see you beforehand." Amelia spoke with a smile on her face as Jon stood next to the open door.

"Thanks Amelia." Lando replied to the brown haired girl.

"Bye Jon." The Hunt girl said to the performance coach as she walked by him and headed back to the common area to look for her father once again.