15

The Monaco Grand Prix was always ran a little differently than the other races on the Formula One calendar.

While it still consisted of the usual three free practice sessions, a qualifying session and a race, the lay out and days of running was was a little different.

The first two free practices would took place on Thursday instead of Friday and the third and final free practice session along with qualifying will happen as normal on Saturday.

Friday was decided to the Amber Lounge fashion show where model and drivers alike took part in the event in order to raise money for a certain chosen charity.

Naturally enough with Amelia and her family in attendance for the race weekend they were also invited to fashion show this evening with the McLaren team.

Now anyone could tell as Amelia walked around her hotel room that was filled with clothes, shoes, make up and even a hairdresser and a make up artist that she was in a good mood.

And so was Lando but nobody knew the reason for that was each other.

After yesterday's event in Lando's driver room, the pair decided that they were going to be unofficially together where they wouldn't see anyone else but were still getting to know each other.

Amelia was sitting in the chair getting her hair curled while her mother was getting her make up done a few feet away.

The brown haired girl was texting Lando which resulted in her smiling at her phone at Lando's joke.

"What's got you so smiley?" Diane asked looking over at her daughter.

"What? Nothing." Amelia shook her head in reply.

"Hmmm." Diane replied simply not believing her.

The two women doing their hair and make up we're also part of Diane's company. She was a fashion designer and the two did the hair and make up for her models whenever there was a fashion show.

"Don't worry, I don't believe her either." Louise, the woman doing Diane's make up, whispered causing Diane to smile as she watched her daughter.

It was clear to anyone and everyone that Amelia's mood had drastically changed since arriving in Monaco and Diane was determined to find out why.

—————

Amelia took a seat in the Amber Lounge at the table reserved for her family and the McLaren team. She wasn't sure who usually attended this event but she was sure she'd find out soon as people started to arrive.

Another few minutes passed and the room quickly filled with socialites, drivers and team members as the starting time of the fashion show drew nearer.

"I take it you like champagne?" A familiar voice spoke as a glass was placed in front of her.

"Aren't you a gentleman?" Amelia smiled in reply as Lando room a seat next to her. She was glad right now her parents had left to socialise before the shoe started.

"You look beautiful." Lando commented causing Amelia to blush which she hoped would be hidden by her make up.

"Thank you." Amelia replied.

The pair were soon joined by Amelia's parents, Daniel, Zak, Andreas along with Jon, Charlotte and Harry, Daniel's communications manager and Michael, his performance coach.

The show started with Nathaile Pinkham getting the introductions underway by explaining why they were all here before the drivers started to model.

The lights went down slightly so spot lights could be used to illuminate the drivers walking down the catwalk.

As George started to walk down the cat walk, Amelia would feel Lando's hand shifting as if he was trying to make a move without being obvious.

Without taking her eyes off the show, Amelia reached over and took his hand in her own and rest them in her lap with was out of view for the rest of the table.

The pair sat with smiles on their face for the rest of the show as Lando ran his thumb gently over the back of her hand now at ease with her touch even with her parents and his bosses around them.

—————

That night after the fashion show was over and funds were raised for the chose charity, the true party began for everyone that wasn't working tomorrow.

Amelia's parents went to socialise with others, and the other McLaren staff left too, leaving her alone with Lando and Daniel.

"Drink?" Lando asked as he turned to look at the girl next to him.

"Please." Amelia smiled in reply before Lando stood up and walked to the bar.

"So, I hear you two are unofficially together." Daniel spoke with a smile on his face.

"Shush." Amelia replied not wanting anyone to hear the Aussie. "We're unofficial for a reason. I don't want anyone finding out, not yet anyway. I've got a bad enough reputation as it is."

"Oh come on, it's not that bad." Daniel assured her.

"If you know about it Daniel then it's bad. You're Australian for god sake." Amelia rolled her eyes in reply.

"Seriously though. You guys seem really happy together." Daniel said giving her shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"Thanks Daniel." Amelia smiled in reply.

"Here you go." Lando arrived back and placed a glass of champagne down in front of the brown haired girl.

"Thank you." Amelia smiled up at the youngest of the two McLaren drivers before he sat down. "You guys not drinking?"

"Nah, early start tomorrow." Lando told her. Amelia nodded her head in reply before taking a sip of her drink.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Daniel said to them with a smile on his face before walking away.

"I hate this already." Lando admitted once they were alone.

"Me too. But we have to keep it low-key for awhile. I don't think people will wildly approve of McLaren's golden boy dating the daughter of the team's new sponsor." Amelia explained as she rested her hands in her lap.

"You think I'm the golden boy?" Lando asked with a smile on his face.

"The whole world thinks you're the golden boy." Amelia told him causing Lando to laugh.

"Come on. Let me introduce you to some of my friends." Lando said standing up and walked toward George with Amelia next to him.

—————

Any thoughts guys? Hope you all enjoyed☺️

-ky❤️