5

Deciding that he'd rather be early than late, Lando decided his best option was to sit in the lobby of the hotel where the whole McLaren team including Amelia and her father.

The F1 driver had now been waiting just over an hour and a half as he began to tap his fingers on the edge of the chair he was sat on.

"Lando, mate, what are you doing?"

Lando jumped at the sound of a familiar voice that he knew belonged to Jon Malvern his performance coach.

"Jon. My heart, you scared me." Lando spoke as he sank back into the chair with his hand over his chest.

"What are you doing?" Jon wondered looking down at the 21 year old driver.

"Nothing." Lando shook his head in reply while crossing his arms over his chest.

"I've worked with you for 3 years now and we both know that's a lie." Jon told him with a smile on his face knowing the driver was lying.

"No it's not." Lando assured the older man with a shake of his head.

"So you just decided to hang out in the lobby instead of your room?" The performance coach challenged Lando's obvious lie.

"Yeh." Lando agreed with Jon as he wasn't sure what other excuse he could come up with on the spot.

Before Jon had a chance to reply to the driver, the pair were joined by a young brown haired girl that Jon immediately recognised as the daughter of the team's new sponsor.

"Hey Lando. I hope you weren't waiting long." Amelia apologised with a smile on her face as she came to a stop in front of the British boy. It was only then she noticed the man standing next to her in McLaren team clothing. "Hi. Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"You're fine, don't worry. I'm Jon, Lando's performance coach." The man introduced himself to the brown haired girl as he held out his hand.

"Amelia, nice to meet you." She replied while shaking his hand.

"Likewise. Well, I'll leave you two alone. Don't be out too late, mate. You have a race tomorrow." Jon spoke as he turned to look down at the driver on the chair, his professionalism and job kicking in.

"I won't, I promise. See you tomorrow." Lando assured the older man.

"Bye Amelia, nice meeting you." Jon told the Hunt girl before walking away from the pair.

"You too, bye." Amelia replied while waving at the man as he disappeared around the corner in the direction of the elevators. "Ready to go?"

"Sure." Lando spoke as he stood up from the chair he had been sitting on for nearly two hours. "Where are we going?"

"I have no idea." Amelia admitted who shaking her head causing Lando to laugh. Amelia suddenly felt her stomach start to rumble but lucky for her it wasn't too loud. "But I do know I'm starving."

An idea came to Lando's head all of a sudden. One part of his mind thought it was a good idea and the other was a bit iffy but he decided to reveal it none the the less.