11

The garage erupted into claps and cheers as Lando crossed the line in P3 meaning a podium in just the second race of the season. After going from P7 to P3 he also managed to get driver of the day.

Daniel finished in P6 at the end of the race, neither losing nor gaining places from his qualifying position.

"Why are we cheering?" Elena asked as she clapped along with everyone else.

"Because Lando is on the podium." Amelia explained as she continued to clap before the celebrations died down and the team headed towards the podium.

"Oh cool." Elena nodded as they headed out into the pit lane and followed behind the team to see the podium ceremony.

"You have no idea what that means, do you?" The brown haired girl wondered.

"Not one." Elena shook her head in reply.

"Let me put it in words you'll understand." Amelia said as she looped her arm through Elena's. "Party tonight."

"Oh yah." Elena cheered knowing that the podium Amelia was talking about was a big deal.

"Of course you understood that." Amelia replied rolling her eyes.

"Hey, you say podium I hear party." Elena spoke causing Amelia to laugh.

"Come on or we'll miss it." Amelia tugged on her best friend's arm dragging her towards the podium quicker as the team was already there as Lando pulled into the pit lane.

—————

"Hey. You look hot." Elena commented as Amelia stepped out of the bathroom. She was weeding a black skirt, a black top and a red blazer.

"Thanks." Amelia replied as she posed causing Elena to reply. "Hey El. I'm not being rude but your dress looks oddly like a towel."

"Ha ha. Very funny." Elena rolled her eyes in reply. "I have no idea what to wear. Where are we going again?"

"I actually have no idea. Hold on, I'll call Lando." Amelia spoke as she walked towards her phone which was charging next to her bed.

"Oh calling Lando now are we?" Elena teased.

"Shut up or I will make you wear that towel out." The brown haired girl replied before hitting Lando's name on her list of contacts.

She walked towards the mirror and started fixing her hair as she listened to the phone ring as she waited for Lando to answer.

"Hey Amelia." Lando spoke as he answered. She could hear whispers in the background before Lando shushed them. "What's up?"

"I was just calling to see where exactly we were going tonight. Elena doesn't know want to wear." Amelia explained turning to look at her best friend who was running her hands down her face in frustration after Amelia blamed her.

"I think it's a just a night club so whatever she wants really." Lando told her as he pushed Daniel's face away as he kept making kissy faces in his direction.

"Lando said a night club." Amelia said looking at her best friend.

Elena nodded and grabbed clothes before heading to the bathroom leaving Amelia alone to talk to Lando.

"Well done again on the podium. You drove great." Amelia spoke as she sat down on the edge of her bed.

She had briefly seen the young Brit before he was dragged off for post race interviews. He told her to come out tonight for celebration and she agreed before Charlotte pulled him away towards the media pen.

"Thanks. It's nice to get a podium in just the second race of the season. Unfortunate your dad wasn't here for it." The McLaren driver said chasing Daniel to roll his eyes at him.

"Yeh he called after. He said to make sure you get another when he come to the next race." Amelia spoke with a smile on her face.

"No pressure then huh?" Lando replied laughing slightly.

"I suppose not." Amelia agreed.

"Amelia." Elena's voice called out from the bathroom.

"Coming." Amelia shouted back. "I gotta go Lando, I'll see you later."

"I'll send you the address. Or you guys can ride with us if you want?" Lando asked hopefully causing Daniel to give him a thumbs up.

"Sure that would be great. Thanks Lando." Amelia spoke with a smile.

"Amelia." Elena shouted again.

"Coming. Bye Lando. See you soon." Amelia told him before hanging up and walking towards the bathroom to see what was wrong with her dark haired friend.

—————

"Where are they?" Elena wondered as the pair eventually got into the club after standing into the line outside for the last 20 minutes.

They walked further into the club which was crazy busy. Inside of trying to find them, the pair decided to go to the bar and go from there.

The best friends ordered their drinks and Amelia paid for them. They turned around as they waited on the drinks and tried to spot a familiar face with the club which was hard considering it was jammed packed.

"Here you go." The bartender said as he placed the drinks down in front of the two girls.

"Thank you." They both replied with a smile.

"Cheers." Elena spoke holding her drink up towards Amelia.

"Cheers." The two girls took a drink before placing their glasses back down.

"Boo." A voice whispered as two hands were placed on Amelia's shoulders causing her to jump.

"Daniel." Amelia exclaimed as she turned around to see the Aussie standing behind her.

"Hey." Daniel replied with a smile before pulling the Hunt girl into a hug. "You're wearing red?"

"What's wrong with red?" Amelia asked looking between and Elena.

"It's Ferrari red." The Australian said as he pulled a face.

"Oh grow up." Amelia told him. "Now where's everyone else?"

"Calm down. Lando's here." Daniel spoke with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up. You know that's not what I mean." The brown haired girl replied.

"Are you sure?" Daniel asked giving her a joking elbow in the side.

"You're worse than her." The Hunt girl spoke nodding her head in Elena'a direction. "Now come on. Lead the way."

Amelia grabbed her drink and Elena's arm waiting on Daniel to bring them wherever everyone else was hiding in the busy night club.

—————