7

It's been a week since Amelia was in Bahrain and she was now out shopping with two of her friends in London on Oxford Street and the town was relatively quiet for a Sunday afternoon.

"So, have you met the drivers of the team your dad is sponsoring?" Elena, Amelia's childhood friend, asked as they exited another shop and made their way down the street.

The three girls were as clueless as each other when it came to formula one and everything about it. Amelia had a slightly higher level of knowledge on the sport since Bahrain thanks to Lando and listening to her dad talk on the flight home.

"Yeh. I met them both. Daniel at the dinner after the sponsorship announcement and Lando last week in Bahrain." Amelia explained as she adjusted the strap of bag over her shoulder so it didn't fall.

"And which one is cuter?" Emily, Elena's cousin and a close friend of Amelia's, asked.

"Well Daniel is quite good looking considering he's 11 years older than me." Amelia explained.
"And Lando seems nice. I probably spoke with him more than Daniel."

"Nice huh? That wasn't the question. You like him." Elena told the Hunt girl with a smile on her face.

"I do not." Amelia assured her best friend.

"I don't know Lia. You're glowing since coming back from Bahrain. And you smiled more talking about Lando than Daniel." Emily added on as the two girls linked arms either side of Amelia.

"No I didn't. You two are over exaggerating." Amelie said to them both.

"Okay, that's fine. Say what you want. But we'll see who's right. I can assure you by the end of the season or whatever it's called, something will have happened between you two." Elena promised her best friend with a knowing look on her face.

"Fine. If nothing happens before Abu Dhabi, which is the last race, which it won't. I'll take you both with me to the end of season party." Amelia negotiated with the pair of cousins.

"Deal." The two girls agreed knowing they'd have the opportunity to party with hot drivers although they were pretty sure something would happen between the pair before then.

—————

"What's this?" Amelia wondered as she sat in her room reading The Great Gastby as she laid across her bed when her father entered the room and placed something down on her bed.

"Tickets. For the Italian Grand Prix." Andrew Hunt explained as he tucked his hands into his trousers' pockets.

"Dad." Amelia spoke as she marked her book page before closing it and sitting up. "I'm not spending my entire year going to Grand Prixs."

"Well I need you too. I'm not around and the team wanted to do a promotional event so I need you to be were as a member of the family instead of me." Her father explained as Amelia sat up and crossed her legs.

"But the family isn't sponsoring McLaren, the RH group is. So why don't you send one of them to go instead?" Amelia wondered looking up at her father who was stood at the foot of her bed.

"Because it would look better if it was you, me or your mum but me or your mum can't be there so it has to be you. Come on, I can even get you a pass for Elena. Zak or Andreas won't mind another face around." Andrew told his only daughter.

Amelia sighed as she knew if Elena came she would spend the whole weekend listening to comments being made about her and Lando which she wasn't looking forward too but she couldn't tell her father that.

"Fine. I'll go." Amelia admitted defeated knowing that regardless of her answer she'd end up in Italy next weekend.

"Thank you. You'll have a great time. You love Italy." Andrew spoke as he placed a kiss on his daughter's head.

"Yeh, I love Rome and Milan. Not Imola." Amelia explained as she wrapped her arms around her knees.

"See you're learning already." Andrew smiled referring to his daughter's knowledge of where the next race of located.

She simply nodded in reply before her dad left her alone again. She couldn't admit that the reason she knew where the next race was because she had been talking to Lando through Instagram when she came home from shopping with the girls.