17

The race ended with Lando in P5 and Daniel down in P13. It was a mixed day for the McLaren team but they were happy that Lando managed to secure some points.

Lando was happy with his point scoring and was now on the way to hang out with his friends on a boat they had rented.

Max had been tasked with grabbing Lando clothes and blankets from his Monaco apartment as the F1 driver was heading straight from the track to the harbour.

Amelia had been invited once again and she was excited to spend more time with Lando and his friends too who had been really accepting of her yesterday.

The brown haired girl was now walking down the dock shoeless after she ditched the heels that had been irritating her feet since mid race earlier.

She was holding Lando's soft hand while he carried her shoes in his other hand making her smile.

Amelia had dropped them at the end of the dock before she could get a blister and was prepared to leave them behind and go barefoot but Lando knew she'd regret losing her shoes so grabbed them for her.

"Why a boat?" Amelia wondered as they walked down on the wood.

"What do you mean?" Lando asked in confusion.

"Why rent a boat? Why sit out on the water and watch the city light up with parties and not go to them?" Amelia clarified causing Lando to smile.

"Not a party person." Lando shrugged his shoulders in reply. "I'd rather spend time with you."

"With me?" Amelia asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes. With you." Lando replied as he dropped her hand and wrapped his arm around her shoulder before kissing her.

"I like spending time with you too." The Hunt girl commented.

"Hey guys." Max called out as he stood by the boat holding life jackets as Tom stood next to him.

The rest of their friends had already left on flights home so it was just the four of them left.

"Race you." Amelia told Lando before sprinting down the dock.

"Hey. Not fair." Lando shouted after her as he started running to.

"I win." Amelia smiled as she grabbed the life jacket Max held out for her.

"You cheated." Lando replied as Amelia smiled simply and shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh well." Amelia said before zipping up her life jacket.

"You don't actually have to wear that if you don't want to. We just bring them so Tom doesn't drown." Max told her as they all got onto the boat.

"Hey." Tom exclaimed before nearly falling into the water as he was getting onto the boat.

"See what I mean." Max said as he grabbed his friend and pulled him on.

"Let's go." Lando spoke as he held his hand out to help Amelia on.

—————