8

"I'm so excited." Elena exclaimed as the two girls gathered their suitcases from baggage claims and made their way towards the exit of Forlia Airport.

Outside their was a small black mini van curtesy of McLaren waiting to take them to their hotel in Imola which was about a 40 minute drive away from the airport.

"Thank you." Amelia spoke to the man as he finished putting their suitcases into the back before she got into the back seat next to Elena.

"So what's the plan?" Elena wondered as the mini van pulled away from the airport and began the trip to Imola.

"Today's Thursday which means media day basically where the boys have their press conference and things like that. Tomorrow is two free practices and the publicity event for the sponsorship. Then Saturday will be the last practice followed by qualifying and Sunday is, of course, race day." The Hunt girl explained as she turned her head to look at her best friend next to her.

"So what are we doing today then?" Elena asked as she looked at her phone which said 10:02 am.

"We'll go to the hotel, check in, drop off our things, freshen up and then probably head down to the track to see Zak and Andreas at McLaren." Amelia informed the dark haired girl.

"And Lando." Elena added in a sing song tone of voice as she nudged the girl sitting next to her.

"Yes Elena, and Lando." Amelia replied with a soft sigh.

"Don't act like you're not excited to see him." Elena commented with a smile on her face as she leant in closer towards her best friend.

"I didn't even tell him I was going to be here." Amelia replied as she turned her head away from Elena to look back out the window of the minivan.

"Why not?" The Martin girl wondered and nearly sounded offended by the comment her best friend made.

"I haven't spoke with him since after Bahrain." The brown haired girl told her. It was true. She had briefly spoke with Lando after returning home to the UK Monday after the Bahrain GP when she had been shopping and the pair haven't spoken since.

"But you're gonna see him right?" Elena asked clearly invested in her best friend's potential love life.

"Well considering we're gonna be spending the whole weekend with McLaren I'm sure I'll see him at some stage over the next 4 days." Amelia explained as she turned her head back to look at the dark haired girl.

"Good." Elena nodded her head.

"Why is that good?" Amelia wondered in curiosity.

"No reason." Elena replied as she turned her head to watch the view pass by. Amelia simply shook her head in reply and laughed slightly at her best friend.

—————

"Hi Amelia." Zak Brown greeted the young Hunt girl as he spotted her enter the McLaren motorhome in the Imola Paddock.

"Hello Zak." Amelia replied with a smile as the CEO pulled her into a hug. "Zak this is my best friend, Elena Martin. Elena, McLaren CEO, Zak Brown."

"Nice to meet you." Zak told the dark haired girl as he shook her hand.

"Likewise." Elena said after she dropped Zak's and stepped back to stand next to Amelia.

"My father would like to apologise once again for his inability to attend. You can just imagine how upset he was. He loves Italy and Formula One." Amelia explained to the older man as she adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder to stop it from slipping down.

"It's fine. Plenty more races to come, and we're glad you're here in his place. The boys have practice in 20 minutes and another in a couple of hours. Once that's over the track is ours to do the hot lap and then you're free to enjoy the rest of the race weekend." Zak informed her as he guided the two girls further into the motorhome that was filled with various members of staff all dressed in similar clothing.

"Perfect, thanks Zak." Amelia smiled in reply as she mentally took notes of what Zak had just told her.

"Feel free to help yourself around here. And don't be afraid to ask a member of staff if you need anything. I've got go and find Andreas.
I'll see you both later." Zak told them before leaving the pair alone and heading out of the motorhome towards the paddock.

"Coffee?" Amelia asked looking at Elena and nodding her head toward the coffee dock a few feet away.

"Sure." Elena agreed as the two best friends linked arms and walked across the room.

Lando and Daniel emerged from their driver rooms in the back of the motorhome and made their way towards the common area that was filled with McLaren staff but two girls stood out due to their clothing.

"Is that Amelia?" Lando questioned as his eyes landed on the brown haired girl laughing at something the girl with her said as she stirred her coffee.

"Looks like it." Daniel replied and smiled at Lando's reaction to seeing the Hunt girl. "Go say hi."

"What? No." Lando told his teammate but it was too late before Daniel placed his hands on Lando's back and pushed him towards the two girls.

Lando stumbled briefly before regaining his balance. As he stood up straight, he realised that Amelia and the girl with her were staring at him.

"Everything okay Lando?" Amelia wondered with a slight smile on her face after watching the McLaren driver lose his balance but not actually what cause him to.

"Yeh, yeh, I'm fine." Lando assured her as he adjusted his race suit around his waist. "I didn't know you were coming here this weekend."

"Neither did I. My dad asked me last minute. I barely had time to pack my bags." Amelia explained to the British driver.

"Are you doing the sponsorship event later then?" Lando wondered as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yeh I am. I'm nervous though. Zak hasn't told me what it is." The Hunt girl told him before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Trust me, you'll love it." Lando promised with a smile on his face.

"So you know what it is?" Amelia questioned him.

"Yep. Little hint, it involves me." Lando informed her and threw her a small wink before walking away and leaving the two girls alone in the common area as he and Daniel left the motorhome.

—————

Any thoughts? I'm kind of liking where this is going at the minute so let me know what you think.

-ky❤️