4

It's had been two weeks since pre-season testing and Amelia had somehow managed to find herself dragged back to Bahrain for the 2021 season opener, accompanying her father.

Apparently the press had taken plenty of photos of the father and daughter in the Middle East last time around and the comments were very positive which lead to a repeat of the trip.

Now she was back in Bahrain for the second time in the space of three weekends. She made her way into the Paddock and towards the McLaren garage.

Instead of sitting in the garage for qualifying, Amelia opted to stand on the balcony over looking the pit lane that was busy with teams getting ready for the session.

Soon after it started Amelia received a text from her father asking where she was. She replied telling him where she was before returning her focus to the session.

Both McLaren drivers had done extremely well and managed to make it through to Q3 after setting some of the fastest times through both Q1 and Q2.

Amelia wasn't exactly sure what was going on but she knew that both Daniel and Lando were still driving in the last group ten drivers which was obviously a good thing.

As the session came to an end, Amelia made her way down the garage to find her father located inside sitting in front of a screen with headphones over his ears.

The two boys returned to the garage in their respective cars before getting out and removing their helmets and balaclavas, congratulating one and other on their respective qualifying results.

"Did you enjoy the session Amelia?" Her father asked her as she came to a stop standing in front of him.

"Yeh. It was good." Amelia replied as she nodded her head. She learnt with her father it was easier to nod and agree than start into him explaining the whole thing.

His phone started to ring causing him to remove his headphones and take the small device out of his pocket.

"I have to take this. I'll be back in a minute." Andrew told his daughter before making his way out of the garage.

"What did you think?"

Amelia turned around at the sound of a familiar British accent. When she turned on her heel she found Lando running a hand through his hair and placing a cap on top of his head.

"It was interesting." Amelia told him with a smile on her face as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Interesting huh? Do you understand how qualifying works?" Lando wondered with a challenging tone behind his tone and a smile on his face.

"Not a bit." Amelia admitted as she shook her head in reply causing the driver to smile.

"I really need to teach you. Can't have you coming to all these Grand Prixs and not knowing how it work." Lando told her before taking his hat off and readjusting his hair before returning his hat to its place.

"Are you asking me on a date, Norris?" Amelia asked with a cheeky, teasing smile on her face.

Lando was a bit caught back at how forward she was being but realised that he had been the one to imply he wanted to spend time with her first.

"I wasn't exactly going for the whole date thing just yet but if you want it to be." Lando replied,m as he wasn't sure what else to to say. He had technically implied first that he wanted to ask her out but he didn't mean it like that and didn't want to offend her by saying he didn't want to go on a date when he really enjoyed her company and their conversation.

The conversation was interrupted by the returned of Amelia's father Andrew as he placed his phone back into his pocket.

"You ready to go?" Andrew asked as he placed his hand on his daughter's shoulder before noticing the F1 driver's presence. "Hey Lando. Good driving out there mate."

"Thank you Mr Hunt." Lando replied with a smile on his face as he nodded at the older man.

"Oh please, call me Andrew." The businessman told the young British driver.

"Of course." Lando said before Andrew looked down at Amelia.

"So you ready to head back to the hotel?" Andrew wondered with his hand still on Amelia's shoulder.

"Yeh I just wanna drop these back. I'll meet you outside." Amelia spoke as she stood up and held up her headphones that she had been wearing upstairs during qualifying.

"Okay." Andrew replied. He placed a kiss on his daughter's head before heading outside.

"So that date?" Amelia asked with a smile on her face as she looked over at the McLaren driver once she was sure her father was gone. "Meet me in the lobby later."

Amelia walked away and placed her headphones in the holder a few feet away on the way out of the garage.

"You never said what time." Lando called after the brown haired girl in realisation.

"Oh well." Amelia replied before shrugging her shoulders and making her way out of the McLaren garage to find her father.

Lando simply laughed and shook his head as her brown hair disappeared around the corner and out of view. Was he meant to guess what time she wanted to meet at? He figured he'd just have to hope for the best.