16

Amelia and her parents were sat in the McLaren garage on Saturday afternoon for qualifying. Daniel had unfortunately been knocked out in Q2 but Lando was still running in the last few minutes of Q3.

"Lando's doing really well." Andrew Hunt commented as they watched Lando on the screen in front of them.

"Yeh he is." Amelia nodded in reply as she watched the Brit's lap with a smile on her face.

The session eventually came to an end with Charles Leclerc on pole for his home Grand Prix. Lando finished in P5 giving him a good chance of scoring some nice points tomorrow with even the potential of a podium.

"Your mother and I are going for dinner with Zak and Andreas? Do you wanna come?" Andrew wondered as the couple approached their daughter as they all returned their papaya coloured headphones to the wall.

"You guys go. I'm kinda tired from the heat. Think I'll just go back to my hotel room." Amelia smiled in reply.

"Okay love. See you later." Diane said smiling at her daughter.

"Bye Am." Andrew spoke as he placing a kiss on his daughter's head. "See you tomorrow."

Amelia stood for a few minutes in the garage after head parents left to go back to their hotel room to get ready for their dinner with the McLaren bosses.

The brown haired girl watched as Lando arrived back in the garage after leaving his car in parc ferme for tomorrow's race.

"Hello." Lando said with a smile on his face after he spotted the Hunt girl all alone.

"Hi. Well done on P5. Good position for some points." Amelia replied to the F1 driver.

"Look at you learning." Lando laughed slightly as he shoved his gloves and balaclava into his helmet. "Where's your parents?"

"They left to go get ready. They're having dinner with Zak and Andreas in a while." Amelia explained

"Oh, are you going too?" Lando wondered looking slightly disappointed.

"No. Decided not to. Feel like it could be a very businessy dinner." Amelia said in reply.

"Businessy? Don't think that's a word." Lando laughed causing Amelia to laugh too.

"You know what I meant." Amelia spoke using her hand to hit Lando's arm.

"Wanna do something then?" Lando asked with a hopeful look on his face.

"Sure. What ya thinking?" Amalie said with a ami on her face.

"My friends are here for the weekend and have rented a yacht, if you wanted to come and meet them? But if that's too much don't-." Lando started to rant like he done before around Amelia when he got nervous.

"I'd love to meet your friends." Amelia spoke. She made sure no one was around or looking before briefly squeezing Lando's hand for comfort.

"Okay." Lando sighed in relief before smiling. "Well I have debrief now but I'll meet you down by the port. Is that okay?"

"Sounds good. See you there." Amelia smiled before leaving the McLaren garage and a smiling, excited Lando Norris behind.

—————

Lando had text Amelia to meet him down at the port at 7 so she left her hotel room at 6:30 and began the short walk from her hotel.

Monaco was a beautiful place. It was filled with beautiful buildings overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and the Monaco harbour that was home to so many yachts and even more on a race weekend.

Monaco was a race weekend that everyone wanted to attend and every driver wanted to run. It was part of the Triple Crown Of Motorsport along with a win at 24 hours of Le Mans and the Indy 500.

The harbour was jammed with yachts of famous and rich people hoping to catch a glimpse of the racing action around the streets of Monte Carlo.

Because of that Amelia had no idea which belonged to Lando's friends as she arrived at the harbour around 7:50pm.

Amelia decided to walk along the harbour wall between the water and the race track to pass a few before Lando was due to arrive.

Monaco was an extremely peaceful place at night. There was a warm breeze blowing in of the ocean that brushed Amelia's curly brown hair over her shoulder.

"Amelia." A familiar British accent called out pulling the Hunt girl from her thoughts.

She turned her head to see Lando standing back over towards the main part of the harbour waving his hands in her direction while smiling.

"Hey." Amelia smiled in reply as she approached him.

"Hey. Good to see you." Lando said before leaning in and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Don't chicken out. There's no one around." Amelia spoke before leaning up and placing her lips on his.

"Even better." Lando replied with a smile. "You ready to meet my friends?"

"Sure." Amelia nodded in reply as Lando slipped his hand in hers and started to guide her down the line of yachts.

"I should warn you. They're a bit crazy." Lando spoke while subconsciously rubbing his thumb along the back of Amelia's hand.

"Crazier than you?" Anelia wondered with a smile.

"Hey. I'm offended." Lando faked gasped at her words.

"Lando." A voice called out causing the pair to look up at the source which was a brown haired boy standing on the very top deck of the yacht.

"Tom." Lando shouted back in the same tone of voice causing Amelia to laugh. She could already tell what she was getting herself into and she was looking forward to meeting Lando's friends.

"You ready?" Lando asked looking at Amelia as they came to the little bridge connecting the yacht to the harbour.

"Yeh. Let's go." Amelia replied before the pair stepped on and carefully walked inside with Lando walking behind to make sure the Hunt girl didn't fall.

—————

Long time no update🙈 story of my life. Anyway we'll move on. Let me know what ya wanna see. Think I'll write the after math of the Monaco GP in the next chapter.

Oh and also, I've decided to make this story set during 2022 rather than 2021 think hrs just easier

-ky❤️