14

Flash forward to the start of May it was now the week of the famous Monaco Grand Prix. Amelia had always wanted to attend as she knew it was one of the most glamour weekends in motorsport.

She decided to put the fear of seeing Lando behind her and join her family in headed to the principality for the race weekend.

And that was how she was currently sat on her father's private jet with her motor and father on the way to Nice airport before the thirty minute drive east.

She slowly tapped her fingers on the arm of her chair as she stared out the window. They were approaching the airport and she could see Nice down below.

There was a mixture of nerves and excitement running through her body. She was nervous to see Lando after a month of no contact but she was also excited to experience the wonder that was the Monaco Grand Prix.

—————

Amelia walked into the McLaren hospitality building in Monaco with her family and she silently prayed that Lando not be there.

"Little Hunt." A familiar voice called out.

Amelia smiled at the sight of an Aussie walked towards her. Daniel pulled her into a hug which she returned.

"Hey Daniel." Amelia replied with a smile on her face. "Daniel this is my mum Diane. Mum, this is Daniel Ricciardo. He's one of the McLaren drivers."

"Nice to meet you." Daniel said holding out his hand towards the older woman.

"Likewise." Diane smiled in reply.

"Honey, come here." Andrew called out to his wife from where he was standing talking to Zak.

"Better go. Nice to meet you Daniel." Diane spoke before she left to go join her husband.

"Your mom seems nice." Daniel told the brown haired girl.

"Thanks." Amelia smiled in reply. "So what time does free practice start at?"

"In about 40 minutes." Daniel explained causing Amelia to nod in reply.

A few feet away from them the sound of the door opening caught Amelia's attention. She turned her head slightly to see Lando walking in.

"Uh oh." Amelia said quietly.

"What?" Daniel wondered as he turned to see what Amelia was looking at. "It's just Lando?"

"Yeh." Amelia replied.

Lando was unaware of her presence as he walked towards he in conversation with Jon, his trainer. It was Jon who noticed Amelia first and nodded in her direction causing Lando to look.

"Hey." Lando spoke as he saw the brown haired girl.

"Hi." Amelia said to him. Lando walked passed her with Jon as they headed towards his drivers room. "Oh god."

"What's wrong with you?" Daniel wondered looking down at the younger girl next to him.

"Nothing." Amelia shook her head in reply.