12

Amelia woke up the next morning with a crazy pain in her head. She groaned as the light came through the window making her headache even worse.

She slowly opened her eyes and panicked. As she looked around she came to the realisation that she wasn't in her own hotel room.

Afraid to roll over, the Hunt girl slowly slide out of bed. She was wearing a t-shirt that fell to her mid thigh and could see her clothes a few feet away.

She turned around once she was out of the bed and placed a hand over her mouth to stop herself from gasping.

Lando laid peacefully sleeping on the other side of the bed. His brown haired messy and his face soft.

Panic set in her body as she couldn't remember anything from last night after getting a drink and Daniel scaring her at the bar. She remembered heading to find the others and everything after that was blank.

Quickly grabbing her clothes, Amelia took one last look at the sleeping McLaren driver before leaving the room.

She softly closed the door so she didn't wake him up. She looked at the room number Lando was in and realised she was two floors above her own room.

Amelia quickly made her way to the elevator an down to her own room making sure that she wasn't seem doing the walk of shame by anyone who would recognise her.

When she arrived outside her own room she quickly banged on the door, praying Elena was inside and would open the door quickly.

The second the door was unlocked Amelia walked inside and passed Elena before she even had the change to fully open the door.

"Hello." Elena said as she walked back into the room after closing the door behind her.

"Shut up." Amelia muttered as she laid down on the bed after throwing her clothes across the room.

"And where were you last night?" Elena asked as she sat down on her own bed across from Amelia.

"You know where I was. The question is how could you let this happen." Amelia exclaimed as she sat up suddenly and grabbed a pillow using it to his her best friend.

"Hey. Hey. It's not my fault. You were half way back to the hotel when Lando called to say you were with him." Elena said as she sat up after Amelia finished hitting her with the pillow.

"Elena have you any idea how bad this is? If the media gets wind of this not only am I in deep shit, so is my dad, Lando and McLaren. How bad does it look that the new sponsors daughter sleeps with one of the drivers after two races?" Amelia asked as she sat down and ran her hands down her face.

"It's okay. You two are both adults, no one can give out." The dark haired girl replied but Amelia shook her head.

"I'm sorry have you met me. The media always finds a way to spin things. I'm so screwed." Amelia admitted.

"Okay besides the whole media scandal thing. Was it good?" Elena wondered with a smile on her face.

"Elena Claire Jones." The brown haired girl exclaimed.

"What? I'm just wondering. Was it worth all the scandal you think is going to occur?" Elena asked causing Amelia to rack her mind.

"You know what? I actually have no idea. I don't remember." The Hunt girl said shaking her head.

"What? How do you not remember?" Elena questioned.

"I don't remember anything from last night after we ran into Daniel." Amelia admitted.

"Okay. So maybe you didn't sleep with Lando. Nice shirt by the way." Elena spoke with a smile referring to the grey t-shirt she was wearing.

"Thanks." Amelia said sarcastically rolling her eyes. "Seriously though. I have no recognition at all."

"Maybe you didn't sleep with him then." Elena told her as she shrugged her shoulders.

"And how will I ever know?" Amelia asked causing Elena to look at her giving her at answer she didn't want. "No. No way."

"You have to. Lando wasn't drinking so he's gonna remember everything. He'll be able to tell you everything that happened."

"Ugh!!" Amelia moaned as she threw herself back down on the bed and ran her hands down the front of her face in frustration. What had she done?

—————

"Hello." Daniel said with a smile on his face as he met Lando down at the front of the hotel along with the rest of the team for the ride to the airport.

"Hi." Lando replied casually with his bag on his back and rolling his suitcase to a stop.

"So?" Daniel wondered looking at his younger teammate.

"So.... What?" The Brit asked in confusion.

"You and Amelia. Tell me everything." Daniel said waiting on all the gossip.

"There's nothing to tell." Lando assured the older man shaking his head in reply.

"Oh come on. I won't tell anyone." Daniel whispered leaning towards Lando.

"Daniel. There's nothing to tell. Nothing happened. We came back to the hotel we talked for like 10 minutes before Amelia fell asleep. That was it." The young McLaren driver explained.

"Oh." Daniel replied looking deflated as he was waiting all morning for all the gossip from Lando.

"Sorry my life isn't more interesting." Lando rolled his eyes in reply causing Daniel to laugh.

"Look at you being a little gentleman." Daniel said placing a hand on Lando's shoulder.

"Boys, van." Charlotte called out to the two drivers who were the last ones left in the lobby of the hotel.

"Coming." Daniel replied before turning to Lando. "When something does happen I wanna be the first to know. And then I'll say I told you so."

Lando rolled his eyes and wondered how Daniel was 10 years older than him when he acted like such a child sometimes. The younger driver shook his head as Daniel smiled while the pair walked outside and got into the van waiting for them.

—————