10

"Qualifying." Elena sang as the pair walked through the paddock towards McLaren hospitality where they were gonna watch today's qualifying session from.

"Do you even know what that means?" Amelia wondered with a smile on her face as she glanced over to her best friend.

"Nope." The dark haired girl shook her head in reply causing Amelia to laugh.

"It's okay. I'll explain it to you. Come on." She pulled Elena's arm towards the orange team building and opened the door. The two girls took their seats just as Q1 started on the large tv screen in front of them.

As the session rolled on, Amelia explained the ins and out of it to the dark haired girl next to her. The two Haas and Alfa Romeo's were knocked out along with Yuki in the first session.

Alonso, Latifi, Vettel, Russell and Sainz all missed out on a spot in Q3 by less than 0.5 of a second between P10 and P15.

Both McLaren's made Q3 with Daniel and Lando finishing P6 and P7 respectively while Hamilton took pole by 0.04 ahead of Perez and 0.08 ahead of Verstappen.

"Formula one hurts my head." Elena complained as the two girls sipped water while making their way down to the paddock as qualifying came to an end.

"It's not so bad when you get used to the rules." Amelia assured her as she patted her shoulder.

"You mean it's not too bad when you have a sexy English Formula One driver explain it all to you." Elena teased her as she elbowed her best friend with a smile on her face.

"Shut up. I knew I shouldn't have told you that." Amelia spoke as she pushed the dark haired girl away in a joking way causing her to stumble while laugh.

"Oh come on. Even you have to admit, it makes this sport that little bit more interesting when there's something to look at." Elena replied as she linked her arm through Amelia's.

"They literally wear helmets for the whole race. You don't get to see them unless you watch the pre and post race shows." The brown haired girl reminded Elena.

"Or get to walk around the paddock." Elena said as she nodded her head towards the tv pen that was followed with reporters, drivers and press officers.

In the midst of it all was Lando stood next to a blonde short haired woman who was recording what Lando was saying to the man that was interviewing him.

"Question." Elena raised her hand that was tucked through Amelia's arm.

"Yes?" The Hunt girl wondered as they came to a stop of to the side of the walk way.

"Who's single and who isn't?" Elena asked quietly which resulted in her receiving a slap on the arm from Amelia. "Ow."

"Do you think of nothing else but sex?" Amelia questioned as she took her arm away from Elena's and turned to look at the dark haired girl.

"What? I'm just curious. I'm interested in knowing more about Formula One." Elena defended herself even though Amelia knew it was a lie.

"Oh yeh. I'm sure that's true." Amelia said sarcastically as she nodded her head in reply.

"Speaking of sex." Elena told her friend, catching Amelia off guard.

"What?" The Hunt girl asked in confusion.

"Hey." A familiar British voice spoke causing Amelia to turn around.

"Lando. Hello." Amelia replied as she saw the McLaren driver and now knew what Elena meant when she said about sex.

"How are you?" Lando asked as he removed his hat and adjusted his hair before placing it back on.

"Good thanks. And you? Well done on qualifying by the way." Amelia added in before she forgot to congratulate him.

"Thanks. Yeh nice to be up in the top 10, me and Daniel. I didn't see you in the garage though?" Lando commented wondering where the Hunt girl had watched qualifying from.

"We sat in hospitality. I had to explain to this one how everything worked and didn't want to annoy anyone in the garage by talking through the session." Amelia explained causing Lando to nod in reply.

"Hey. I'm not that bad. And you didn't know a whole lot until he explained it to you." Elena added as she pointed between her best friend and the McLaren driver.

"Fair point. But I still explained it to you." Amelia replied causing Lando to laugh at the pair of best friends.

"Well I'm sure I'll see you both later or if not definitely tomorrow." Lando told the two girls as he spotted Charlotte still waiting on him for yeh post qualifying meeting.

"Bye." The two girls said while Lando waved goodbye as he jogged towards the blonde woman standing a few feet away.

"You two would be so cute together." Elena commented once Lando was gone.

"Oh my god." Amelia rolled her eyes. "You are never gonna give this up are you."

The two girls started to walk towards the paddock exit in order to head back to their hotel to shower and change for dinner at the restaurant they had booked earlier.