9

"Please Daniel." Lando begged as he followed his teammate around the garage from his side to Daniel's as they past by mechanics looking at the two cars after FP2.

"Why would I?" Daniel replied as he shoved his balaclava into his helmet and hand it to Tom as he walked past.

"Because I already told her it involved me. Please Daniel. Why do you even want to do it anyway?" Lando questioned as he continued to follow the Australian and intothe garage and into the paddock.

"The question is, why do you wanna do it?" Daniel asked with a smile on his face. He knew the reason Lando wanted to do the sponsorship event but he wanted the Brit to admit it himself.

"Daniel!" Lando complained as he knew what the Australian was getting at but he wasn't falling for it.

"You have an hour Lando. Tell me why you wanna do it and you can." Daniel told him teammate as they arrived outside the McLaren motorhome.

"Daniel please." The younger drivers continued to bug the Australian as they walked towards their driver rooms in the back of the motorhome.

"Fine. You can do it. But do not spend the entire year liking this girl and not doing anything about it. She's more than likely going to be with us nearly every weekend so you have no excuse." Daniel explained as he came to a stop outside the room with his name on the door.

Once he said what he needed to say he headed inside to get changed and chill out before he had to be back on track with McLaren for the sponsorship event.

Lando sighed once Daniel was gone. He didn't like Amelia. He couldn't. He had only met her just over a month ago. He always swore he didn't believe in love at first sight but maybe he was wrong.

—————

Amelia arrived in the pit lane outside McLaren's garage with Elena by her side. The pair noticed a camera crew around along with a fancy looking sports car.

"I'm guessing this thing involves the car." Elena spoke as they walked down the straight towards them.

"I'd say so." Amelia nodded in agreement as they arrived to the McLaren crew and noticed Zak and Andreas walking towards her.

"Hello Amelia." The two older men greeted her. "And Elena. Are you ready for this?"

"Exactly what is this?" Amelia questioned as she looked around the camera crew and McLaren staff.

"You and Lando are going to do hot laps around the track while answering questions. Lando's gonna drive and you'll be asking the questions." Zak explained to the brown haired girl. It wasn't long before they arrived when Daniel told him that Lando would actually be driving. Zak didn't question it much as he didn't really mind which one of the boys done it.

"Sounds good." Amelia nodded her head as Zak spoke.

"Here's the questions." Andreas said as he handed the flash card of questions to Amelia. "The boys should be here by now."

On queue both Daniel and Lando came running towards everyone slightly out of breath as they stopped next to their two bosses.

"On time as usual boys." Zak joked as he looked down at the watch on his wrist. "You ready to start Lando?"

"Yep. Let's do this." Lando smiled and gave the CEO a slight nod.

"You'll drive while Amelia asks the questions. Do a few laps to get all the questions in." Zak explained before the two headed to the car and got inside. The two got into their respective seats and buckled their seatbelts.

"Can we go?" Lando spoke as he looked out the and gave the crew a thumbs up and they so out nodded in reply. "You ready?"

"Yep." Amelia nodded her head in reply before Lando started driving down the pit straight down the exit.

"How fast have you ever gone before?" Lando wondered as he approached the exit of the pit lane and began merging onto the track.

"As fast as a normal car goes." Amelia replied and she saw the smile forming on Lando's face. "What's that look for?"

"Get ready. I don't do slow." He informed her before pressing his foot on the accelerator.

"Lando." The Hunt girl spoke as she grabbed the door of the car as her body was pressed back into the seat by the force of the speed.

"Ask the questions." Lance said as he laughed slightly at her reaction.

"Okay. When and where was Lando's first F1 podium?" Amelia read the question of the flash card. "How am I supposed to know that?"

"I'm hurt that you don't." Lando acted offended as he turned around the 3rd corner of the track. "Come on, give a guess. I'll give you a clue. I'm only in F1 since 2019 and it wasn't this year so that should narrow it down a bit for you."

"I feel very pressured to get this and it's only the first question." Amelia explained as she laughed slightly at how bad this was gonna go for her if this was just the first question. "I'm gonna say some time in 2020?"

"Yeh and what race?" Lando asked causing Amelia to shrug her shoulder in reply and Lando to laugh. "Austria. It was in Austria."

"Hey I got the year that's something. Next one."

The pair continued for a few laps with questions being asked about Lando and McLaren along with Amelia and her dad's company. They finished up and pulled back into the pit lane to where the crew was waiting. They took a few photos and Amelia was free to leave and enjoy the race weekend.

 They took a few photos and Amelia was free to leave and enjoy the race weekend