Chapter 15: Home

Hey bitches

————————————————————————

"Fuck." I groan having stubbed my toe.
"Fucking wall." Punching it aggressively.
"Stupid bitch." I mutter in agony.

Attempting to manoeuvre myself throughout the apartment with just the 7am light was difficult. Eventually I decided that I didn't care about manners and made as much noise as necessary despite the fact that I'll probably wake up Malachi.
Manners? He's in my house. I pay the rent.
God I waited so long to say that.

Due to the fact that I couldn't find paper and the fact that Marcello was outside playing the instrumental to 'California love' on his fucking car horn, I grabbed a permanent marker and wrote a note on my brothers arm.
I'm handling business like a bad bitch.
Be back soon. LEAVE SIERRA ALONE!

I was sure that he would ignore my warning.
Rolling my eyes, I make my way out the entrance and see Mar once again. He's a lot more awake than me and in a better mood than our last meeting though maybe that's because I apologised for 'insulting his cat'.
I still am unaware as to how anything I said came across as an insult.
I can't wait to run over that damn cat.

"Bongiorno." (Good morning). He smiles hoping into the car as I throw myself onto the other side.
"And you." I reply silently, I was still shaken about this whole situation but I wouldn't take it out on Marcello. It's not his fault after all.
"How's the tattoo?" He asks.
"Numb?" I reply applying pressure to that section of my skin.

"I heard Malachi Sylveste is in town." Marcello smirks.
Why am I not surprised that those two know each other? They are the perfect fit.
Dickhead one and dickhead two, I shall call them.

"You can come over after and hang out with him?" I suggest.
"No, we'll be seeing a lot of each other soon anyway." He informs me.
Oh right, mobsters. Sorry, forgot.

He hits the gas and proceeds with his unholy and unsafe driving. I wasn't sure if I should even wear a seatbelt, I'm sure it would be more danger to me than my freedom to move.
I felt at ease once we came to a stop, like I could alas breathe again. I'll remind Dandelion to send another driver next time, he must have better options than this...thing.

"How's Damien?" I unconsciously ask.
He smirks, "She asks about Damien." He says to himself.
"I ask about his mood. I can't be bothered to deal with another day of...him." I admit.
"Try an entire lifetime." He chuckles.
A form of realisation hits me, "How long have you known him?" I question.

"As long as I've known myself." He tells me.
"He's just always been there, I'd be nothing if he wasn't...he's still an asshole though."
"I get that." I sympathise, he's like Malachi. Easy to hate, even easier to love.
For Marcello to love, I mean.

"But if you're wandering, he's been oddly satisfied since yesterday." Marcello informs me.
Well...about that.

Don't take it any type of way Tallia.
I've already taken it every way possible.

"So how's the Mafia life?" He questions me knowing that question will aggravate me.
"Well I'm more annoyed that I haven't been given a gun yet. I think I deserve one." I suggest.
"Aren't you like..acquainted with the law?" He raises his eyebrow at me.
"See Mar, I see my job as an enemy of the law because fuck the law." I emphasise.

"In that case I'll have a gun at your disposal with the permission of Damien." He smiles suspiciously.
Well of course Damien won't agree to that, he'll be the first one I shoot, which is pretty self explanatory.

Due to our in-depth conversing, I found myself at his house quicker than usual. Mar went off and left me at the gate. Considering that the last time I was here the Omertà happened, perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea to leave me alone.
I warned myself not to play Dora the fucking explorer today, I'd simply find Damien without dying.